New member ... with a new guitar Newark St. X-175

Hiflyer

Reaction score
Hi there,

Newbie from France, I've been lurking here the last few days waiting for this baby to arrive home. Great forum BTW !
I love "her", and I must I'm amazed to have such a good guitar for this kind of money.

Here's a lil' eyes teaser for you.

Chris.

Guild_X-175_Manhattan_zps1f82f780.jpg

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Welcome Chris!... If I was going to let the temptation get to me with the Newark series, the X175 would be the one. Great looking (and I hear sounding too) guitar.

Where about in France? (From Le Mans here)

Hiflyer

Reaction score
Welcome Chris!... If I was going to let the temptation get to me with the Newark series, the X175 would be the one. Great looking (and I hear sounding too) guitar.

Where about in France? (From Le Mans here)

Up north : I'm in Calais !

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome Hiflyer. That is a great looking X175 you have and it appears those might be cedar dock sections it's laying on, but I don't see any water.

jimmyl51

Reaction score
Gibson really needs to watch out..............man you can get a guitar of this quality from Guild Newark St. for around $1200 US......!? jim in Maine

Hiflyer

Reaction score
I had a small issue with the guitar: I could hear that something was moving in the guitar when I played it (like stg not properly attached); I first thought it was one of the cable.
I finally found out that it was the bridge pickup that was rocking inside the cover (I could see the polepieces moving).
The two screws that attach the pickup to the base plate were not tighten (the baseplate was correctly attached to the body by the 4 screws).
It was an easy fix, but I spent some time to find out what was the problem !!

Last edited:

Jeff Haddad

Reaction score
Welcome! That's a beautiful guitar! Good work finding the loose screws. Not too surprising considering that guitar has been 3/4 of the way around the world - Korea to USA, then to France.

Hiflyer

Reaction score
Yes you're right, that's a long way.
I'm not complaining in any way, just sharing the info. Everything is top notch on the guitar, as I previously said, I'm completely amazed by the quality.

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on your beautiful X-175. I think you came to the right place...