Fuzz: Crunch and Punch

Muovinen

Reaction score
I got the CC Hybrid too and I really like it. Best fuzz this far. My amp (Orange Rockerverb 50 mkI) is not an ideal clean platform for different kinds of fuzzes so I got a Carlsbro TOP50 combo (Fender type clean amp) for testing different OD's and fuzzes and the results are much better. The Carlsbro is not mine yet but it might be soon ;) Now what I'm lacking is a good single coil guitar to keep the fuzz sound under control. The Crystal Dagger is meant to go out of control, though :D

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Last edited:

Muovinen

Reaction score
I got me a custom built Big Muff with little switches for middle boost/scoop/flat and attack. That middle switch is pure magic! It turns an otherwise muddy sounding pedal into a raw and crunchy fuzz beast. The sustain is endless. Another interesting fuzz I got is a FYA Electronics Apiformis which is an interpretation of the Roland BeeBaa fuzz. Dark, mysterious and loads of fun!

PS: I got the Carlsbro combo so I'm officially on the fuzz zone now!

Alan_M

Reaction score
Hello y'all,

I really like the Hoof fuzz pedal by Earthquakers Devices. In fact, Earthquaker Devices pedals are great overall quality. Great stuff! The next fuzz pedal I'm thinking buying is the called, The Dirt Transmitter by Earthquaker Devices. If you like the Black Keys, just sayin...

Hoof Fuzz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erTpNiDjZow

The Dirt Transmitter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtGJNMsy0Oc

http://earthquakerdevices.com/

I have the Hoof too... really like it!

griehund

Reaction score
Just added a "Fat Bastard" clean boost. Now that sucker is LOUD! :shocked:

Thunderface

Reaction score
I get all fuzzy just looking at one of these, Treemster.

Fuzzed_zps91c78b41.jpg

Alan_M

Reaction score
I just got this. It glows in the dark. The eyes blink and fade with your pick attack. I had to have it.

Jeff Haddad

Reaction score
That RML pedal looks great - steampunk fuzz! I may have to get one just for the aesthetic.

I bought the Earthquaker Terminal Fuzz this week. I haven't had much chance to play it yet but it sounds good. It has a ton of gain too.

Muovinen

Reaction score
Any love for Fulltone 69 fuzz? I think this pedal is really one of the best for traditional fuzz sounds and it cleans up beautifully with your vol pot. Those little pots (input and contour) below the usual volume and fuzz pots are what make this fuzz real versatile.

I also had a Black Arts Pharaoh (muff type) for a while and though it was good it just couldn't compete with my custom-Muff, CC Hybrid and the ´69. Especially given the price of that thing. Finding the right guitar-pickup-fuzz-amp-speaker -combo seems to be one of the hardest things a guitarist has to go through but it's a great adventure!

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
I use 3 fuzzes:

EH Big Muff USA
Death by Audio Fuzz War
Zvex Fuzz Probe (w/ built in theremin)

I love them all for different reasons.

Smitch

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Fulltone OCD, Big Muff, Wampler Soverign, Fulltone Plimsoul