Road Trip!

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hitting the road with my spouse to spend the week in the Tampa Bay area, possibly killing two birds with one stone. (not literally Joe :soap:)
The two birds: Celebrating 18 years of marriage, and........... what might be a seriously bad @$$ NAD. :tan: (And don't ask which "bird" triggered the plan please) :laughing:

I'll keep you updated from the hotel overlooking the bay this evening. :pride:

Ciao!..... vroom!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Combining a road trip for an amp with an anniversary trip. Genius!

griehund

Reaction score
We spent our 20th in Toronto. 25th coming up Sep. 18. After LMGIV we're headed to Cooperstown for a few days of R&R. I've found the secret to a long, happy relationship is to find someone who will put up with you. :love_heart:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Combining a road trip for an amp with an anniversary trip. Genius!

Eh eh eh......

I'm definitely in agreement with Dave on this one!! Have a great 18th, P!! My best to you and the Mrs...... :encouragement:

Thanks Tom! Appreciate it buddy.

Now for the "NAD" part of the trip:

I am very happy to have captured a time capsule from 1967, in a hard to believe condition, all stock including the Jensens.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you a 1967 Blackface Fender Pro Reverb!!!!

Here it is just rolled into the hotel room on the bellhop dolly:

Closer:

Back:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:cupcake:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Actually not as loud as thought it would be. Certainly not twice as loud as the DR, as the wattage would indicate.
In addition, one will be hard pressed to find another all stock BF PR in that kinda condition, so I just had to get it...
With that said, if I ever find someone with a BF DR interested in a trade, I'm all ears. In the meantime it will be safely preserved at la casa de BP. :)
The "cleans" are out of this world....

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The "cleans" are out of this world....
yeah, there's something about BF cleans that just sparkle. My (almost) all original '65 Princeton Reverb (replaced speaker) is just magical.
Welcome to the BF club!

Jeff Haddad

Reaction score
That's beautiful! They are great amps. I haven't heard the Jensen Vibrantos (I think that's what you've got there); my BFPR has C12N's. That looks like a real time capsule amp!

40 watts won't be twice as loud as 22, I think the formula is more like 10:1 (i.e. - 100 watts is twice as loud as 10 watts). Although two 12's will definitely sound louder than one.

I hope your wife also got a nice anniversary present - some jewelry or something. Congrats!

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
yeah, there's something about BF cleans that just sparkle. My (almost) all original '65 Princeton Reverb (replaced speaker) is just magical.
Welcome to the BF club!

Thanks Chris BF's have been evading me until now, as per budgeting constraints, but this one popped up at an amazingly affordable price for a BF, (it could have gone for much more given the all original condition) so I snatched it. Glad I did too.

Although two 12's will definitely sound louder than one.

Thanks Jeff. (My DR is a Silverface (79) and also has 2 speakers.)

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not knowing crap about amps, that one looks PRISTINE for it's age! What a score! Now, besides your charming and amazing company, what did Mrs. P get? I'm assuming the amp isn't hers........ :laughing:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Like Tom, I'm not informed about amps, but that thing looks like it just came off the truck in '67. Wow...

walrus

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks again all. The guy I got it from bought it from the original owner in 1976, and has been babying it ever since, keeping it in a "collectors" condition.
A time capsule indeed, the only detail showing its age is the paper tag inside displaying the tube layout:

2m9xzm.jpg

(And the paper tags on the back of the speaker magnets.... paper doesn't withstand the test of time very well evidently...)

Last edited:

jcwu

Reaction score
Wow. That amp sure is clean!

And even more importantly - congrats on the 18 years! Wish you many more (amps) to come.

Thunderface

Reaction score
Congratulations on the 18 years and the amp score. Can't wait to hear it in action in the next "More Pascal" video.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow. That amp sure is clean!
And even more importantly - congrats on the 18 years! Wish you many more (amps) to come.

Thanks mate! :apple:

The date stamp - QD - indicates April of '67.
Great score!

Yessir! And thanks. It was built in the month of my 5th birthday. :soap:

Congratulations on the 18 years and the amp score. Can't wait to hear it in action in the next "More Pascal" video.

Thanks my friend. I messed with it a bit yesterday when I got home.... it seems to be even more "Okko Diablo" friendly than the silver face. What a sexy sound! :cupcake: