Thinking of selling off some of my Guilds.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That picture has guitars owned by mgod and Fred Hammon as of several years ago, so don't get your hopes up until you know who owned which :)

are u sure about all that? I count "13 Guild Basses" in the picture. Not sure about the one in the back (on the wall?), but it looks to have bisonics or dark stars, maybe?

not sure how serious Mgod is, but to sell just one for 5K+ when u have all the others, in my opinion is a good move. Sounds like u did well with that one for a long time, but if the connection to Crowe brings that much today, it should be seriously considered.

The black Starfire u can sell anytime. Is that one maple or mahogany? Dark stars or bisonics? (Definitely not asking for myself!). Just curious

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
U could probably sell that faster than I could change the strings on it.

mgod

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Well if someone wants to offer me something (a lot) for it... otherwise to ebay it goes.

BTW, again - the picture is the day Fred and I met, i.e. pre-Dark Star.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
are u sure about all that? I count "13 Guild Basses" in the picture. Not sure about the one in the back (on the wall?), but it looks to have bisonics or dark stars, maybe?

Yes. This picture has been around a lot since it was hosted on Fred's Dark Star web site way back when. The non Guild bass is a Hagstrom although I don't recall which model.

Yggdrasil

Reaction score
The Hagstrom Coronado IV ( bisonics version) is a great bass - medium scale, easy playing, great tone and looks like it was lifted from the set of Barbarella! I really like mine.