Thinking of selling off some of my Guilds.

mgod

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I mean, they take up space and I'm not using most of them. You might have seen the ebony grain 12 string on ebay already. Anyhoo, there's a couple of nice black 1970s, an M85 that I used to use a lot and a Starfire II as well. Thinking about it, let me know if there's interest. PM me or something. The M85 is the bass that started it all, the great Sheryl Crow bass.

mgod

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Sure, what do you want to know?

gilded

Reaction score
Don't you have a black '73 M 85 II w/Darkstars? is that the one you are talking about? Or one of the hollow ones?

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sorry, is that a 12-string bass you're talking about? I was just curious, mgod. Pictures? Model?

Happy Face

Justified Ancient of MuMu
Reaction score
I'm not surprised, though I am that it took you so long to lighten up the load a little.

Maybe you could annotate which instruments you are talking about in your famed family portrait photo?

The problem here is that everyone seems to own everything they need/want.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Chaz, while we wait for mgod's return, I believe the guitar in question is a '66 Starfire XII in the rare Ebony Grain. At one time it used to be mine! :adoration:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I think I hosted pics for mgod when the 12 was discussed before. If so the below is one of them.

DSCN6456.JPG

I'd love to know what is hitting the block although I'm not sure what I could be buying.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Reference Pic. Not all of these are mgod's and not all of them are in the stable today.
67896_10151237805446586_615896378_n.jpg

Not ready to call "dibs" but mavuser (curse you!) has gotten me thinking a lot about Sunburst Starfire basses.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Not ready to call "dibs" but mavuser (curse you!) has gotten me thinking a lot about Sunburst Starfire basses.

they are in high demand. The last 3 or 4 SF bass SB w Bisonic(s) I saw go on eBay, all pretty much broke records for what they were, given condition and everything else. Can still find some reasonable deals too with patience and resourcefulness (and luck!) but better not hestitate or it will be gone.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
mgod, it might be best for you to put a FS thread in the FS/FT section with all the details of what you're unloading, price(s), return policy, etc.

(thanks for the update on the 12-string, folks)

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I was just curious if its for sale. Unfortunately, not for me right now. Maybe one day but not 2013 and probably not 2014 either.

Pretty sure it's mgods as he commented once it took him 20 years to find it.

idealassets

Reaction score
mgod, it might be best for you to put a FS thread in the FS/FT section with all the details of what you're unloading, price(s), return policy, etc.

(thanks for the update on the 12-string, folks)
Refund policy? In reality, with his accurate description, none of these basses should go travelling back and forth in a box, I would presume it to be a one way shipment.

Maybe a return policy, but with the stipulation of "only for damage, or if delivered not as described". Really to try any of these, just to see if it will work for you, or not- is just not right. That would be a deal at Guitar Center.

mgod

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I was just curious if its for sale. Unfortunately, not for me right now. Maybe one day but not 2013 and probably not 2014 either.

Pretty sure it's mgods as he commented once it took him 20 years to find it.

Don't worry, its not. That one will stay. I'm really just thinking about off-loading the excess, as in the ones I find myself not using. I'm pressed for closet space (and occasionally cash) so might as well share the wealth, although realistically prices will be high at first, like that "Sheryl Crow" bass. I've got a guy who will give me $5k for it, though at first I'll ask even more. I do like that one, every time I take it out I say no, I'll keep it. But I've got another being restored by Fender and I don't use it, so...

I remembered yesterday that I have an Alembic guitar from '78 up at RT's. Completely forgot about it. And when you see what people are paying for Alembics these days, not to mention what new ones go for... so might as well let someone else enjoy it, I'll probably never see it again. And synths , oh my god, all the synths I have. Classics.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Here is another silly, silly question. Have u considered offering the "Sheryl Crow" bass too...Sheryl Crow?

mgod

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
As of about 2 hours ago: yes. Don't know how to reach her, its been 20 years - but I can find out.