Strat or Tele?

Just_Guild

Reaction score
strat or tele? Kinda like choosing between air or water.

I'll just keep one of each, TUVM.

I agree with Dave, one (or more) of each is the way to go! I will say (pontificating) that my 2011 American Standard Telecaster is my go-to guitar. Adding the DR strings made a big difference in tone too. Neck is a real easy player.

My nephew Charlie really likes the American Special Start, hand rubbed satin finish, that I got from GC for under $500.00 new. Nice guitar, different in some ways, really good for blues. Again, the DR strings have made a world of difference in sound. Just my $0.02.

Bender 4 Life

Reaction score
I own and play both....in multiples.....the biggest difference i've noticed is that when played sitting (i'm semi-crippled in my back) w/o a large knife/lighter/etc. in the pocket, I end up playing "chase the Strat" the entire time.....doesn't happen w/a Tele.

dklsplace

Reaction score
I think I just might be sick....had this Madeira in my watch list & figured I would bid on it today....then got side tracked. :sour:

dklsplace

Reaction score
Do it Dave! Heck...for $85 & free shipping, I would've bought 3 or 4. I had a Medeira acoustic for awhile & sold it to one of my students. It's still the only one I've seen that had a partial chesterfield headstock inlay.

Pine Apple Slim

Reaction score
Strats are sexy and comfortable to play. I love the front and middle pickups sounds on a Strat. The sproingy bridge adds something to the tone you can't get otherwise. That said, I prefer the simplicity of a Tele. I've never had much use for a trem, and Strats are finicky and a pain to set up unless you block it. I find the Tele to be more versatile (for me). I'm a simple man.
If I ever own another strat, it will probably be a hardtail with HSH or HSS config.

dklsplace

Reaction score
Set my sights on a Schecter PT this week. I remember looking at them a couple years back, but they fell off my radar when I picked up an Italia Maranello Speedster.

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm no fender guy at all. I started on a Vantage Les Paul Copy and could never play well on a strat since the 1st vol-pot always is in the way. But if I had to decide, then it will be my guild T-250. Best Tele I ever tried :eagerness:.

dklsplace

Reaction score
My very first electric guitar was a pawn shop LP copy. Can't remember what it was, but we didn't get along very well. My first love was a 70's blond strat, but that's still the only Fender electric I've ever owned. I found a Schecter PT on the other side of the state for a great price, but won't be able to make the trip 'til after the holidays. Hoping he still has it, or that I can talk him into holding it for me.

I've always been intrigued by the T-250's Michael, but haven't been able to get past the pointy head stock. Which model had the 3x3 tuners with typical Guild headstock?

Phil

Reaction score
Over the years, i've owned 5 Teles and a couple of strats-both legendary Japanese JV Strats----not as good as some will have you believe!. Currently i have 2 strats , a USA 57 reissue and a Mexican 60's classic player and one Tele , which has a b bender and also has a middle pick up fitted. Like Walter above to be honest i hate the inbetween settings on the strat and they are just as annoying on the Tele, but ireally wanted a b bender and at the time i bought it in 2008 it was the only option i could find. I like the bridge pick up on the tele and also the middle postion on the strat so its difficult to pick one over the other but for gigging the strat is easier at least for me to play. However i can tell you that the Guild S70 is a superior guitar to the strat , though i know some people dont like the look of them .

dklsplace

Reaction score
Still on the lookout for the right Schecter PT. But seriously thinking of putting a maple neck on my frankentele now. Played it live last week & really love the 5 way super switch options with P90's.

dklsplace

Reaction score
I think the post should be changed to S70 or T200/250.

Never been a big fan of the S70, or S300 body styles. Then again, there was a time that I didn't care much for the florentine cutaway either. :laughing:

dklsplace

Reaction score
Without a doubt my favorite body style. I totally dig'm.

Well, if there were a "one size/style fits all" guitar, we wouldn't have forums like this now, would we? :encouragement:

dklsplace

Reaction score
Update: Bought a replacement maple neck from guitar fetish for my frankentele. Giving it a few days of sunlight & the kiwi brown shoe polish treatment to darken & make it look a little more aged.

Also, trying to close a deal on a maple neck Schecter PT, so I may soon have 2 tele-ish maple board guitars. Yay!

Jorj

Reaction score
I never liked the "in between" combined pickup sounds on a strat either, have had some regular strats, and I always put three way switches in them.

It's personal preference really. Want a brighter "spanky" attack? ie: country bite..tele for sure. I have always been a strat guy because of the 5 way switch and the "quacky" 2 pickup tone. Strat, in my opinion, is a much more versatile guitar. And they are supremely comfortable....for me anyway.