PMs -- What am I doing wrong?

wileypickett

Reaction score
I sent a couple PMs in the last week or so. Since I hadn't heard anything back, I just checked my User Inbox and Sent Messages files. BOTH are empty, indicating that no messages were sent.

This may be another process that is different with the new site, but I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

I clicked on the user name of the member I wanted to PM, selected "send private message," put a title in the header, wrote my message, hit "send" -- and nothing, apparently.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Glenn Jones

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glenn,

You should see a sent PM in your sent box.... Try PM'ing me and we'll see if we can hunt it down.

It may be that your recipients have full inboxes, but I still thought you'd see the message in your sent box.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
make sure you go to settings>my account>general settings>sent private messages and select "save a copy of sent messages in my sent items folder"

should look like this:

Sent Private Messages:

• Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

I was having the same problem

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I just got home and read your PM, and I responded. Did you get it? :unsure:
@ Wiley: In case you didn't know it yet, that does bring up a known weakness in the new forum's functionality which I think we discussed in the "Niggles" thread.
On the old site we used to be able to know a recipient had received a pm when it went from "outbox" to "sent".
This place doesn't have a comparable function.