1967 Starfire restoration

edwin

Reaction score
Any progress on this project? Looks like a great one!

Curtis Novak

Reaction score
Yeah I got the Head stock finished. I am hoping to get it refinished soon. I am needing to decide on the bridge first. I think I want to get one with the sustain plate unde the bridge. I just have not found one yet. I will ry to post a pic soon.

Thanks,
curtis

shadowcastaz

Reaction score
There is someone on another forum that had one made . I think I sent him mine for a template. I too have a 67 2 pup I started several years back & is burried in my shop. You should be thankful it was stripped. Mine(in red also) was a nightmare to strip. Im glad I looked here again, maybe Ill work on her. Ill also check for parts.M

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

I didn't bother to read the entire thread and re-establish context but the bridge listed above on eBay looks like it is NOS for a 1990's reissue Starfire bass and not a replacement for a '60's or 70's bass. The adjustment screws give it away and I seem to recall that the reissue bridge is not a drop in replacement for the vintage bridge. The other bridge does look like it should fit a '60's bass.

mellowgerman

Reaction score
Frono is right about the 90's starfire bridge not being a drop in replacement. The string spacing is wider and aside from the shape of the base plate (which is similar to the vintage harp style) it's essentially a fender bridge; in regard to mounting, adjustment, etc.
If you still need a vintage spec truss cover and/or knobs, i know a guy in CT who has a bunch of NOS stuff from the old factory that might be able to help you out. Shoot me a PM if you're interested on here or on facebook, whichever is easier for you