1968 Starfire IV

Wilfred

Reaction score
Long overdue NGD, but nevertheless worthy of its own thread, if only because there's pictures!

Very nice condition, stunning cherry sunburst & original case. Original minis were swapped for full size HB-1 humbuckers in a previous phase of its life. Done quite neatly I have to say. I myself swapped a pickup ring for one I purchased from Hans and had to shave (dremel) the pickguard ever to slightly to make it fit nicely around the pickups. The end result is a wonderful old warrior guitar that feels, sounds, plays and even smells wonderful.

0k58.jpg

qufm.jpg

1tqk.jpg

pgd7.jpg

Reaction score
That one is sure a beauty. I am sure she sounds as good as she looks.
Thanks John

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I love the color! Seems sort of amber-orange, really nice!

walrus

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That's a beauty. I surprised you could quit playing long enough to post pictures!

Wilfred

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind replies. It is indeed a player 'pur sang' and for me just the ideal mix of vintage mojo and no worries playability. It isn't and will never be a collector's item, but still a great looking and sounding desireable guitar.

Wilfred

Reaction score
Digging up my own old thread because I just purchased a Guildsby B7. I've really wanted to try one on my Starfire for quite some time, so I just had to pull the trigger when this one appeared on the 'Bay. I'll keep y'all posted!

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I spent a bit of time sniffing gilded Starfire bass in Austin. Mmmmmm, tone-smell!

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
BEAUTIFUL!

Love HB1's and have always considered putting them into older guilds.