...and finally IT IS MINE. [S100 Newark Street]

S100Dream

Reaction score
My Newark S100 just arrived [i pre-ordered it on Thomann.de site in february].

It's awesome, great finishes, looks outstanding.

Well this is my first S100... after a dozen years looking for it [in Italy this guitar isn't rare, it doesn't exist at all].

I still haven't played yet, as soon as i get out of my work the first thing first is put the jack in, power on my orange and make this beauty scream.

I'm very very happy.

I will give you guys my first impressions as soon as i can.

Thanks so much Guild.

Last edited by a moderator:

S100Dream

Reaction score
you're right!!!

my face in this pic is hilarious....

1011403_488108557935964_1310652514_n.jpg

Qvart

Reaction score
My Newark S100 just arrived [i pre-ordered it on Thomann.de site in february].

It's awesome, great finishes, looks outstanding.

Well this is my first S100... after a dozen years looking for it [in Italy this guitar isn't rare, it doesn't exist at all].

I still haven't played yet, as soon as i get out of my work the first thing first is put the jack in, power on my orange and make this beauty scream.

I'm very very happy.

I will give you guys my first impressions as soon as i can.

Thanks so much Guild.

mZARfwk.gif

Zelja

Reaction score
Glad you finally got one in your hands! Congratulations and give us a full tone report when you can.

Great GIF Qvart!!

S100Dream

Reaction score
Well, sadly i've had no time in these days and my report is gonna take a while.

All i can say right now that it's pretty solid and heavy and it looks like there's no need of setup ... and tuning! after at least 1 week of trucks, planes or who knows what it's a kind of a miracle i think. [My Gibson Les Paul is surely more tricky and "unstable" to tune]
It's not very "loud" unplugged and in my experience this could mean a lot of things... but i'll wait to plug it in the amp before speaking :D

I read months ago about someone who was complaining about the finish [it' not the same technique used for the 70s models] anyway it very shiny and beautiful.

Last thing for now: i discovered that the maximum value for the volume/tone knobs is 9. Ouch. I need at least 11. LOL. [joking. spinal tap rules:) ]

S100Dream

Reaction score
just a question: did anyone say anything about the s100 newark? or i'll be the first "reviewer"? i'm quite curious to read about other users opinions...

S100Dream

Reaction score
thank you very much, i think the first review [woodroar's one] it's very accurate, i promise in the next days i'll tell you my impressions... if anyone cares about reading it.

qvart, am i wrong or you have a newark s100 too? what do you think about it?

Qvart

Reaction score
thank you very much, i think the first review [woodroar's one] it's very accurate, i promise in the next days i'll tell you my impressions... if anyone cares about reading it.

qvart, am i wrong or you have a newark s100 too? what do you think about it?

The second link above is my post about it.

Overall I dig it. They don't rival my vintage ones, but I'm pretty happy with it.