Ripped From the Headlines

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I can always count on finding an occasional chuckle in the "Police Blotter".
And today's Criminal Genius award goes to:
"Police Blotter: Fremont parolee who helped couple locked out of car arrested for having burglary tools"
Guess the old habits do die hard, hmmmm?
And while this one required a little digging beneath the headline, it's nonetheless a revelatory insight into the minds of the people entrusted with putting our tax dollars to work in the construction of new "Car Pool lanes" on local highways:
"Tackling congestion is a top priority here at Caltrans and it feels good to provide commuters an alternative to saving time and fuel," said Caltrans' Nilesh Pandya, who headed the project.
Sooner or later, the truth will out.
It's just nice to see your suspicions confirmed once in a while.
:biggrin-new:

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Over here on the opposite coast, our headlines are all about Aaron Hernandez, ex-Patriot - a clear candidate for your "Criminal Genius" award...

walrus

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
A couple years ago there was major flooding in Arkansas, I clipped a headline from the paper that said

"Ark. residents told to expect more flooding." LOL

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
A couple years ago there was major flooding in Arkansas, I clipped a headline from the paper that said
"Ark. residents told to expect more flooding." LOL

Sometimes I wish I'da been a Chief Editor myself...so many wonderful opportunities...:distracted:
bloom-county-1.gif

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Just after we moved to SLC 26 years ago, I was checking the evening TV schedule in the local paper and found a listing for a PBS show: "The American Experience: the Dinner party." Sound pretty innocuous... right? It was a documentary on the Donner-Reed party's misfortune in the Sierra Mtns of California in the fall of 1846. Such mischief a simple typo ("i" for "o") can cause!

Another one I got a chuckle out of when I was in SF... a friend clipped it out of the SF "Comical" and used it in a flier for a seminar I was giving. A theater schedule or a famous Robin Williams movie: "The World According to Gard..." was showing at 6:30 and 10.

Dave Gard (man)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
And now from beyond the grave, even!:

"It is the first time San Jose has lost a lawsuit involving a Taser-related death since the police began using the controversial device in 2004 in hopes of cutting down injuries and reducing the need for officers to fire their guns. At least five people have died in the past nine years after being shocked with a Taser, three of whom settled their lawsuits against the city for relatively small amounts ranging from $10,000 to $200,000"

Or maybe they meant they didn't die until after they'd won their suits?
In any case it was my understanding that everybody who gets Tased dies.
Sooner or later.
Where's that guy Occam?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
As Frono would say, "reviving a necrothread", but this one that just popped up today deserved special recognition:

Tallest rocket in U.S. carrying secret spy satellite blasts off from California

Oops, did I say that out loud?
Secret? What secret?
I could tell you but then...ahhh you know the rest.....:unsure:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Brings back memories...

Having been with the National Weather Service for 38 years, I had frequent contact with news media. Print, TV, radio, local, national, you name it. As often as they bungled or twisted the weather stories, I have doubts about anything they deal with.

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
And now from beyond the grave, even!:

"It is the first time San Jose has lost a lawsuit involving a Taser-related death since the police began using the controversial device in 2004 in hopes of cutting down injuries and reducing the need for officers to fire their guns. At least five people have died in the past nine years after being shocked with a Taser, three of whom settled their lawsuits against the city for relatively small amounts ranging from $10,000 to $200,000"

Or maybe they meant they didn't die until after they'd won their suits?
In any case it was my understanding that everybody who gets Tased dies.
Sooner or later.
Where's that guy Occam?

Yup - Tasers are just shocking!!!! :)