" A little help from my friends....♫♪♫."

Reaction score
:biggrin-new:Hey folks,someone at LTG asked me last year or the year before,
where I got my avatar.
I could not recall. Fortunately someone else at LTG was able to locate its' origin.
So, I made a note of it...but I can't remember where I put it.... seriously !
:neglected:
I'm willing to bet some of you can relate.
Anyway,please put your noggins together and tell me where I got it.

I do remember that I found it on some woodworker/craftsman/inlay website.
I spent an hour searching the internet tonight and got nuthin'.
:unsure:

~ Roger

Last edited:

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Scratch forgot where he put his specs around that time...coincidence? (Twilight zone theme playing quietly in the background) Steffan

mr.d.bluster

Reaction score
Found it here - took about a minute using Google's new "Search by Image" feature.

GUILDbox.JPG

mr.d.bluster

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, Don: I wasn't aware of the new functionality.

All the best,
B.

I believe you may need to activate the feature using a link somewhere on the Google search page before you can use it. When it's active, you'll see an ikon of a camera in the search box, which you click on to start searching by image. Then, you can search by inserting the URL of an image on the web, by uploading an image from your computer, or by dragging and dropping an image into the search field.

I guess you should be able to search on a photo of your favorite model & flavor of guitar to find more of the same, or at least similar. Will have to try that...

SouthernSounds

Reaction score
I believe you may need to activate the feature using a link somewhere on the Google search page before you can use it. When it's active, you'll see an ikon of a camera in the search box, which you click on to start searching by image. Then, you can search by inserting the URL of an image on the web, by uploading an image from your computer, or by dragging and dropping an image into the search field.

I guess you should be able to search on a photo of your favorite model & flavor of guitar to find more of the same, or at least similar. Will have to try that...
Actually, you just go to "Google Images" and the camera icon is there, by default I guess, because I haven't done anything and there it is. And it works great!

Thanks, again, Don! :biggrin:

All the best,
B.

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
...and if you want to know what the inlay is... it's (apparently) the headstock inlay from a DV-72M (M for malachite). Apparently some of the inlays were left over after the "special run" DV series were completed, and they show up now and again on eBay. I've seen both the turquoise and the malachite versions.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is awesome.

I'd like to make a cigar box from one of the NH G-shield headstocks -- made from real ebony! Wouldn't that be the cat's pajamas?

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Rog,

As I recall, you bought that thing from an eBay seller. I think I remember that because after you got yours, I contacted him. It also seems like he was in England.

West

mr.d.bluster

Reaction score
Actually, you just go to "Google Images" and the camera icon is there, by default I guess, because I haven't done anything and there it is. And it works great!

Thanks, again, Don! :biggrin:

All the best,
B.

Not to hijack the thread, but this relates to finding the original location of Roger's avatar photo. I find that if I right click on any image on a web page, the contextual (dropdown) menu that I get includes a choice for "Search Google with this image." Doing that on Roger's avatar takes me to the search in a new tab, showing the source image and the site it came from in a small fraction of a second. No need to go to Google first.

Bruno, I'm not sure, but I think this is the feature that I mentioned that I had to activate, or install as an "add-on" to Firefox.

SouthernSounds

Reaction score
Bruno, I'm not sure, but I think this is the feature that I mentioned that I had to activate, or install as an "add-on" to Firefox.
Don,

Yes, you're right. Google says you need to install an extension to be able to do what you said. If not, well, you can drag & drop the image to the "Image Search" on Google.

Thanks!

All the best,
B.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry Roger, I hadn't read your post and assumed you were looking for the box itself. In fact, I couldn't remember if it was you who bought the box.

West