New small jumbo guitar build (Non-Guild content)

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's the page and pics of a guitar build I just finished and delivered. The guy who commissioned it was a heart transplant recipient, and he intends to use the guitar to promote the organ donor program and to support current heart transplant patients going through the ordeal.
It's a little unusual in that its a 12-fret, 25.5 scale small jumbo with a 1 7/8" nut width to fit his large hands. It was very uncomfortable for me to play, but for him "it felt like home!"

The headstock inlay was done by Jimmi Wingert.

Here's one pic for ya, the rest are on the linked page.
front.jpg

poser

Reaction score
Oooo. I've always wanted to try an Osage orange guitar. It looks gorgeous. :eek:range:

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oooo. I've always wanted to try an Osage orange guitar. It looks gorgeous. :eek:range:
Where are you in Ohio? The customer I built this one for lives near Lima, and the luthier Tim McKnight (where my customer first tried an Osage guitar) is between Lima and Mansfield. So, you may be close to one of the best places in the country to actually try one out.:biggrin-new:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Absolutely stunning, impressive work.

Thanks for sharing,
Joe

*A trip through your website is a tour de force of the work and workshop of a real craftsman/artisan.
Kudos!

Last edited:

poser

Reaction score
Where are you in Ohio? The customer I built this one for lives near Lima, and the luthier Tim McKnight (where my customer first tried an Osage guitar) is between Lima and Mansfield. So, you may be close to one of the best places in the country to actually try one out.:biggrin-new:

I'm about a 3 1/2 hour drive from Lima. I'd love to try a McKnight, but they are way out of my league.

Thanks for the thought. :subdued:

zombywoof

Reaction score
Hey Chris - Just a plain flippin' great looking guitar.

The Tin Man is a great touch considering the story behind th eguitar

And 12 frets and 1 7/8" nut would feel like coming home to me.