Bluesbirds: Owners & Long Time Borrowers List

Reaction score
Guild Total
Deoxit F5 is what should be used on pots rather than D5. D5 is great for switches and such
Thank you, I'm sure I can find a YouTube video on how to correctly lubricate the pot.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total

MyaByrne

Reaction score
Got me a killer red flame Westerly Blues 90 at 30th St Guitars in NYC yesterday. It’s been there for nearly two years and I was flirting with it a long time, and finally took it home about a month ago to try it out and just can’t imagine my life without it! Went in with some cash and walked out happy. It has very little obvious wear except the pickup covers. Someone took extremely good care of it.

This is actually my first Guild electric. I have quite a few acoustics and a bass, but have never found a 6-string electric I loved (aside from an og Aristocrat I once played).

I’m not sure what the pickups are; obviously the covers have been changed. I have a feeling they are the originals simply because of the output and that it hum cancels in the middle position, but I’m not sure. The neck carve is nearly identical to my ‘99 F30r, so I’m honestly thinking it might have been carved by the same person?

Serial is CL001968. Not sure where that puts it in production years. Any info welcome. I’ll update on the pickup ID once I take it apart a little.

IIRC I came across a registry for Westerly Bluesbirds? @GGJaguar perhaps that was you?
IMG_6190.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hobbesickles

Reaction score
Guild Total
CL001968 would be year 2000 build. I own CL001999 and the top on mine is very similar to yours! Congrats on the new guitar. I can't comment on the pickups but the originals would be Seymour Duncan P90s.

MyaByrne

Reaction score
I quite like the metal covers on this. Very nice.
Thanks! I want to pop them off and see what’s underneath at some point!

Hey, anyone know if Guild ever made shiny metal knobs that might be appropriate for this guitar? I like the clear ones just fine but the labels are lifting a bit.