Latest photo of the Guild collection on hand

mbrindell

Reaction score
Hi Friends, About every 6 months or so I take all my Guilds and line them up in this way in my living room for a photo session. Just simply a fun thing to do to see exactly how my collection is ever changing. In fact it has changed since I took this photo only a week ago. What I love about this photo is the custom color starfires lined up on the sofa. The Amberstar will be added in just a few short days to complete my custom color SF collection. But I also had to sell the 1965 Starfire V and the 1972 Carved S100 at the bottom right of this photo to procure the Amberstar. Once the Amberstar arrives, I will really have nothing else to trade or sell as the rest of the Guilds here are all keepers. Models I set my mind out to find. But as usual I will always be adding more in time. I do this just for fun, so please take it that way. Although a part of me just wants to show off a bit. :) All these guitars are from the Hoboken era of Guild's history. After owning more than 70 Guild guitars I have found that, in my opinion only, the guitars made during this time period are of the highest quality standards. I love the parts used, pickups, hardware and general appearance is just more to my liking. But the tone these instruments will make is, well... music to my ears. At the bottom will be a list of the guitars shown in the photo. Thanks for looking guys and gals.
verynice_zpsad1afcce.jpg

Top row, left to right - 1961 X175B with factory bigsby, (Thanks Ziz) 1959 X550, 1959 T100DP, 1961 X350. All these guitars have franz pickups.
Middle row - 1963 Starfire III, 1962 Emeraldfire III, 1962 Blackstar III. All Starfire IIIs have Dearmond pups as does the Amberstar which is on it's way.
Bottom Row - 1960 X50, (one of my favorite guitars to play), 1957 M75 Aristocrat, 1972 S100SC carved top, and last but not least the 1965 Starfire V.
As I said this collection is ever changing and that the last two guitars shown have been sold to buy the Amberstar. Yes, that is me in the mirror taking the photo. Thanks for looking. MB

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I have only one word for you......WOW!

But seriously, that's quite the Guilded family you have. Must take a while to set up, and then to get yourself in the photo, too! :shock:

Thanks for sharing,
Joe

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice gaggle 'o Guilds there!

Looks like fun to me!

I used to do the same thing:

Picture-005_zpsdbcab7d5.jpg

Then it started getting out of hand:

Picture-006_zps681e3be9.jpg

This was the last group photo I took before ebay. That was the end of the group photos! :?

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The Guilds of Grot said:
I used to do the same thing

Yeah me too! This was the one with the Tellies.

TeleCollection_1.jpg

Had a similar shot for the Strats, a separate one for the Jazzmaster/Jaguar/Electric XIIs, and one with miscellaneous Fenders, but I'm not going to post them all.
That was a long time ago; before I started my Guild research. Oh yes, and I also had a similar Epiphone collection and a large collection of lap steels; I still have the lap steels. They're gorgeous!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore

mbrindell

Reaction score
Yes, that's what I love to see. Get those photos up there. Of course you two guys may need a football field full of sofas!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I've been "thinning the herd" this year, but here's a photo from last year, before I came to my senses:

groupshotwbgsmlcopy.jpg

Most notable: the F212XL is gone, as is the DV-52.

Dave :D

Thunderface

Reaction score
Despite having sold all of these guitars, this is still the best group photo I've taken...

IMG_8751.jpg

... and this is the least outdated "current herd" shot I have (the '73 walnut S-100 Standard now resides in Treem's group shot)

IMAG3488.jpg

mbrindell

Reaction score
I love it! keep 'em coming.
100_0308_zps41937017.jpg

1960 X50, 1954 X100, 1957 X150, 1963 X175, 1961 X500.
Same sofa.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, Mike, speaking of the sofa... Mine at home looks exactly like yours.

Unfortunately, I do not have a collection like that to spread on it! :) Magnificent!!!

TonyT

Reaction score
hansmoust said:
The Guilds of Grot said:
I used to do the same thing

TeleCollection_1.jpg

Had a similar shot for the Strats, a separate one for the Jazzmaster/Jaguar/Electric XIIs, and one with miscellaneous Fenders, but I'm not going to post them all.
That was a long time ago; before I started my Guild research. Oh yes, and I also had a similar Epiphone collection and a large collection of lap steels; I still have the lap steels. They're gorgeous!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore
Man, everytime somebody talks about lapsteels, my thoughts drift back to the National New Yorker I found in the attic of a old house I bought. I kept it just to look at for a few years, then did some research and found out it had a way, way early serial number. I put it on ebay and expected to get rich. Ended up selling it to a guy named Ben Peeler, who at the time was on tour with Shakira. $465 shipped. Hope he got some play out of it.

Wilfred

Reaction score
Great pictures indeed! According to my signature I'd better wait a few weeks to post an updated Guild group shot... :mrgreen:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Wilfred said:
Great pictures indeed! According to my signature I'd better wait a few weeks to post an updated Guild group shot... :mrgreen:
I hear what you're saying....my group is getting smaller all the time. I could probably fit my 'collection' in one chair. 8)

Joe

Wilfred

Reaction score
Well, in fact these are on their way... to me! So the group is significantly expanding.
I blame this bloody forum of course! :wink:

idealassets

Reaction score
Hans,
All this time I have heard that "all the vintage guitars are going to the far east". Of course I never really believed it.
I would be real nervous having them all out and leaning on the wall and couch.
I have never been worried. for some reason the guitars stay right there, and I don't actually have them touching the wall either. From this image subtract one 1997 Starfire II bass, and add one 1965 Guild F312:
MVC-017L.jpg