'64 GUILD STARFIRE BASS, used 4 Phil Lesh's 1st Alembic...

zulu

Reaction score
Guild Total
First post! Welcome STARfire II. nice to have you here. :D

There's some discussion about this bass here:

In the Ebay/Craigslist section

Re-reading the ad, I'm not sure if the seller is saying that the same model bass was used by Lesh and Alembic, or if they are claiming that specific instrument was invloved. I tend to think the former.

Nice collection of Guilds you have there. Hope you stick around and enjoy the forum!

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome. I commented in the eBay thread. While English is ambiguous I don't think the seller is actually trying to claim that Phil Lesh and the sale bass were ever in the same room together.

Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome, gents...It was about time I finally posted something...

The guy also claims to have the original Bi-sonic, as well...Why would you want to remove that?

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
STARfireII said:
Thank you for the warm welcome, gents...It was about time I finally posted something...

The guy also claims to have the original Bi-sonic, as well...Why would you want to remove that?

A question that many folks failed to ask at the right time.

A '66

BA-0314.JPG

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
The other thread discussing this bass has veered to include several pictures of Phil Lesh's cherry Starfire II in at least two incarnations. The visitor from the future might want to see those.