Stunning Duane Eddy Guild DE 500 reissue on Ebay.

X-170AB

Reaction score
Thanks Hans!

I was mostly wanting confirmation that the guitar is what the listing says it is (which from your reply I take it is true, apart from the year). I know there was a discussion thread earlier, pity it seems lost now.

Yeah, its pricey! But the combination of dual Dynasonics, Bigsby, what appears to be excellent condition, and the uniqueness of the guitar (when GSR T-500s are listed at $4K) might possibly allow me to convince myself to go for broke. Currently debating with myself :>)

Of course I'll report back if by any chance I do score.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good luck in the hunt, X-170AB!

For the record, I don't think any threads were intentionally discarded when the forum software moved over to vBulletin, but unfortunately all the names/links to threads from the prior software are different now.. so while the threads still exist any links have gone dead. The search on the new forum software seems quite good and can often help you find those lost links and when you do please do post up, like X-170AB (if that's the right one).

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That's a nice looking guitar. Lot of money, but not more expensive than say, a 50's X500, an original issue Duane Eddy, or the current GSR T-500 or T-400 guitars. And it has proper old DeArmonds.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yep, that was in the previous thread about it. They apparently ended up in the Guild factory, so they're original equipment on this guitar.

X-170AB

Reaction score
Thanks for the support and comments, everyone. I'm sorry to say that common sense prevailed at the last moment, and I didn't bid. I would LOVE to have a Guild like this, but honestly I don't have a situation where I could gig such a guitar, and it seemed a bit expensive for a 'vanity' purchase.

Should another situation like this occur in future, I know I can count on plenty of enablers here to help me ignore/overcome practicality at the decisive moment! :>)