Banjo Mute

ladytexan

Reaction score
If this has been posted previously, here it is, again. :D
20295-143301516112008.jpg

ladytexan

Reaction score
davismanLV said:
I love that it's also suitable for dulcimers and autoharps!! Such a versatile tool!!!
:lol: :lol:
I want one. Heck, for 20 bucks, what a deal! :) Yes, it is such a versatile tool....can be used for many, many things. Didn't the Smashing Pumpkins have a few? :shock: :lol: 8)

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
:lol:I Like it.
But, If John Henry touches my Banjo and Autoharp with that thing....He'll "Die with a hammer in his hand, Lawd-Lawd, ....Die with a hammer in his hand" :wink:

And Yes, I DO have a banjo (6 stringer!) and Autoharp ( unknown amout of strings!). :oops: :lol: True!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have a dulcimer, and I THINK there's an autoharp around the house here somewhere....

I don't have a Banjo Mute, but I've got a radial arm saw..... it works pretty well. :wink:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
davismanLV said:
I love that it's also suitable for dulcimers and autoharps!! Such a versatile tool!!!
HEY!! My GRAMMA played the autoharp!!
:evil:
Matter of fact, I think my auntie still has it!
Gotta make sure it's comin' down to me. :D

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
southernGuild said:
adorshki said:
davismanLV said:
HEY!! My GRAMMA played the autoharp!!
:evil:
Cool! Mine too! :D :D ....and the Zither!!!
Ok I've posted this one before. but a refresher certainly seems justified:

ZITHER, immortalized.
:D

southernGuild

Reaction score
:shock: ^^^ Well, Granny never played like that! But, That is a great video Al, Shows what that critter can do.
I still have it! It's Rosewood ( cracked due to storage in the attic :oops: ) But completely restorable. Beautiful inlay etc. I cant imagine playing that thing though. It lives on a stand now, near her photo.

SouthernSounds

Reaction score
Forgive my intromission, gentlemen, but let me thank you for introduce me to a new, for me, instrument: suddenly I felt in another era. WOW!

Thanks, once again! :D

All the best,
B.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
SouthernSounds said:
Forgive my intromission, gentlemen, but let me thank you for introduce me to a new, for me, instrument: suddenly I felt in another era. WOW!
Thanks, once again! :D
All the best,
B.
No apologies neccessary. :wink:
Obviously you don't know the movie or it would be forever branded on your brain, like me. :lol:
Orson Welles.
Cold War intrigue.
Vienna:
A crossroads on the Romany Trail.
Gypsy music influencing all of Europe and northern Africa to boot.
That stuff makes the hair on my arms stand on end. :D
More, here.
So if Anton Karas was an entree, here's the appetizer:
Zorba's Dance
Composed by Mikis Theodorakis.
In that one, I think it's actually bouzoukis and other greek instruments, but the connection is obvious, to me anyway, and confirmed by the map of the migrations in that Wiki article I linked above.
Finally, here's dessert, ala banjo:
Moscow Nights
I just loves turnin' on people to new (to them) music!
:D

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Al. Some years ago I was renting a suit. It was on a couple of acres and the house was owned by about a 60 year old man from Slovakia. He was kind of thick, like a pesant farmer, all muscle, no neck, strong thick hands a wide smile, amd on overdrinker. He played this huge accordion and the zither....same way as in that clip. I would play along with my 512, but really...it's so amazing to watch his hands that got all caught up in it..I should stop by and see if he is still alive, I think someone stole his zither which to me was very upsetting. There aren't that many around, amd certainly not many people that can play it like that.... Steffan

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It wa also amazing to me that even when he was pretty hammered, and could barely walk ...the music just would. Keep coming...and he said we should tour Slovakia paying music together...and make a fortune...... :lol:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
taabru45 said:
It wa also amazing to me that even when he was pretty hammered, and could barely walk ...the music just would. Keep coming...and he said we should tour Slovakia paying music together...and make a fortune...... :lol:
See whatcha missed out on?
Ya probably coulda had a nice gypsy wife too.
I hear they feed ya pretty good for all the work, and know real good places to hide the money from shiftless husbands.. :lol:

southernGuild

Reaction score

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score