:lol: :lol:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
davismanLV said:
grandmatext.jpg

:lol: :lol:

I'm not sure I "get" this but that may be because I have never figured out how to make the predictive text stuff work for me. At least it is the company paying for my iPhone.

poser

Reaction score
I hear you frono.

I made an old man mistake recently. I asked my students if they used T-9 when they texted. That's the "predictive text version" that works with the numeric keypads - which is what I have on my older cell phone. They just looked at me with a sort of a "isn't that quaint" smile. Finally one of them said, "Oh I remember T-9."
Of course, their phones have mini typewriter style keypads and they type with their thumbs. And they can do it faster that I can type using all ten fingers on a full-sized keyboard. :roll:

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
Yes - I thought all smartphones did these days - my Samsung Galaxy does - and the keypad gets bigger when you tip the phone sideways so an old codger like me can stand a chance of hitting the correct touch-key with his thumb :roll:

poser

Reaction score
JerryR said:
Yes - I thought all smartphones did these days - my Samsung Galaxy does - and the keypad gets bigger when you tip the phone sideways so an old codger like me can stand a chance of hitting the correct touch-key with his thumb :roll:

The letters on my pre-smart phone still have the letters arranged on the numerals 0-9.

(I could describe my guitar playing the same way, it's pre-musical.) :lol:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
JerryR said:
Gotta agree with you Jerry. I texted with my thumbs for YEARS! But then I used a Blackberry with actual BUTTONS that you could feel with your fingers. When I switched to an iPhone it seemed like the virtual keys on the screen were made for 13 year-old girls. My thumb is bigger than FOUR of their fingers!! Always have to turn the phone sideways and even then, if I'm serious about texting I had to change my style to use my index finger, which is still bigger than a 13 year-olds thumb!! I've gotten better at it over the years. Still miss my physical button style keyboard..... :(