I <3 Bass Players...really

ladytexan

Reaction score
For all of my fellow LTG bass players....mea culpa....sorta! :wink: :D

A man gives his son an electric bass for his 15th birthday, along with a coupon for four bass lessons. When the son returns from his first lesson, the father asks, "So, what did you learn?"

"Well, I learned the first five notes on the E string."

Next week, after the second lesson, the father again asks about the progress, and the son replies, "This time I learned the first five notes on the A string."

One week later, the son comes home far later than expected, smelling of cigarettes and beer. So the father asks: "Hey, what happened in today's lesson?" "Dad, I'm sorry I couldn't make it to my lesson; I had a gig!"

not-marrying-a-bass-player.jpg

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
bluesypicky said:
fronobulax said:
gjmalcyon said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Phew!!!... I was afraid you would take it personal and lock the thread. :lol:

Nah. In fact I've told some of them myself.

Below is from the linked thread, and has been told on LTG before, but is currently one of my favorites.

A man decides to go on a vacation on a Pacific island. When he steps off the plane, it is amazing: Cool, light ocean breeze, palms gently swaying in the wind, white sandy beaches, drums off in the distance. He goes to his hotel, checks in, starts having the time of his life.

When he turns in on the first night, he can still hear drums off in the distance. They were charming at first, but now it's little annoying, and he has a hard time going to sleep. The next morning, he goes to concierge and asks about the drums. The concierge replies: "The drums, they never stop. Very, very bad if they stop."

So the man goes about his day in paradise, having a great time, but the drums never stop. He tries to ignore them, but they interfere with his sleep the second night. The next morning, fuzzy-headed from too many island drinks and too little sleep, again asks the concierge if something can be done about the drums. He gets the same reply: "Drums not stop. Very bad if they do."

The rest of the day is not fun. The drums are driving this man crazy, and he isn't getting any sleep. The next day he is ready leave. He packs his bags and goes up to the front desk to check out. But first the man finds the concierge to give the concierge a piece of his mind. Suddenly, the drums stop.

He says to the concierge: "They finally stopped! Thank god, I can get some sleep. I was about the leave."

The concierge says: "This is bad. Very, very bad. Flee from this island while you still can."

"Why?"

"Drums stop. Bass solo next."

ladytexan

Reaction score
The additional jokes are great! Thanks, Guys!

If you've seen this one, please just moan a bit.....and, click to return to the menu! :)

A Real Bass Player
Bass_player.jpg