Star Fire gigbag?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thank you Ralf. I'm also after a pair of thumbrests so will also check if they have any spare ones.

At first glance the rests on my Newark Street Starfire could pass for vintage so that might be an alternative source, once Guild ships enough basses that they an afford to sell parts.

mikbass

Reaction score
Perfect fit for my Dearmond Starfire so I guess it's what you need!

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
What, out of all the options in the thread, was the perfect fit? I am looking as well...

-robert

Welcome. You are right to be confused. I re-read the thread and I'm not sure what fits what and there definitely was not a single answer. So...

Are you talking Starfire or JetStar? HSC or Gig bag? Those two answers might help focus the discussion again :)

Reaction score
For me, a Newark St. Starfire... The hard case is nice, but a gig bag is ever so much more convenient!

-robert

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
For me, a Newark St. Starfire... The hard case is nice, but a gig bag is ever so much more convenient!

-robert

I don't recall anyone actually getting a gig bag for a NS Starfire. Posting that guarantees someone will post and remind me I am wrong, which is fine if we all get an answer. While waiting, the headstock and tuners are "wider" on the NS than some other Starfires so that which fits an older Starfire might not work.

griehund

Reaction score
Which one? I bought a Harvest leather from them and while it's a great bag, it did not, to my disappointment, fit my Starfire.

I bet if you contact them they can give you accurate size specs. The one I bought was for my Yamaha and I really like it a lot.

edwin

Reaction score
I bet if you contact them they can give you accurate size specs. The one I bought was for my Yamaha and I really like it a lot.

Yeah, I did that. They thought the Harvest might fit, but it was just too small in the body section. I kept it for my Modulus for a bit, but now it doesn't get much use at all. Nice bag, though.
The Cronkhite is awesome, though. Perfect fit and the most protection I've seen in a leather bag.