Where can i find Gil Diaz? Is he still around?

Reaction score
Gil restored a blonde g-37 for me in 2001. I tried to post the story, but since I am a new member, I cant verify it is here. have a look at Gil and I when I picked up my guitar! its still stunning!

Nick
g-37
s-300d
Prototype Maderia

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi Nick, welcome to LTG. Saw your other post as well. Can't help you with finding him.
But your picture does not show up. You posted a link to a album which does not show up in your post. The best is to post the link of the picture properties (the jpg file) directly between the IMG signs.

GilandI.jpg

By the way, we have a discussion where you could give some advise, since your Madeira top has a hole.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=34952
Also it would be cool to see some pictures of your Madeira proto.

Ralf

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
nickcrock said:
Where can i find Gil Diaz? Is he still around? Gil restored a blonde g-37 for me in 2001. have a look at Gil and I when I picked up my guitar!

Hello Nick,

Welcome! Gilbert is still living in the same place where you picked up your guitar in 2001.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

Reaction score
That's great news, Glad to hear. Im going to send him a card and thank him again! Thanks for the info!

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
Does Gil still work on guitars?

Yes, he does but it's on a somewhat limited basis. People from his generation never really retire. They keep on doing what they've been doing for a long time; just a little slower than during the 'old days'. He will be 80 by the end of this year!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

Reaction score
Bumped in to Gil maybe ten years ago in a Restaurant/Pub in which I was playing in Westerly. I recognized him immediately. I was playing my 1971 F50-R. When I finished my song, he said "I probably made that guitar." I said "You're Gil Diaz!! I'm missing a small piece of purfling on the headstock. He said he could fix it, but, I never contacted him. He still has a Westerly phone number, or did then.