"custom made" ghosted labed on my '65 Starfire V

drc

Reaction score
Ok so I was wiping down the guitar when I caught the words "custom made" just south of the guildsby and north of the volume knobs... I tried photographing it but it wont show up.. you only can see it when the lighting is at the perfect angle.

Anybody?

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
drc said:
just south of the guildsby and north of the volume knobs...
How can something be South of the Guildsby and at the same time be North of the volume knobs ? Where did you have your Guildsby installed ??? :shock: :lol:
Ralf

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
SFIV1967 said:
drc said:
just south of the guildsby and north of the volume knobs...
How can something be South of the Guildsby and at the same time be North of the volume knobs ? Where did you have your Guildsby installed ???

Ralf,

That would be in the playing position; not to be confused with the laying position!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
hansmoust said:
That would be in the playing position; not to be confused with the laying position!
Sure, now that I think about it that makes perfect sense!
Ralf

drc

Reaction score
SFIV1967 said:
hansmoust said:
Sure, now that I think about it that makes perfect sense!
Ralf
Sorry I should not have used north and south to describe its location... its inbetween the guildsby and the volume knobs on the face of the guitar.. the finish isnt raised or anything so maybe it was some watermark type of stamp in the top? I wish a camera could pick it up.

Ohjay

Reaction score
drc said:
Sorry I should not have used north and south to describe its location... its inbetween the guildsby and the volume knobs on the face of the guitar.. the finish isnt raised or anything so maybe it was some watermark type of stamp in the top? I wish a camera could pick it up.
Does it show up under a blacklight? If so it could be easier to photograph and show us.

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
I'll go WAY out on a limb and make a guess: perhaps your guitar once had a sticker on it and the finish changed ever so slightly due to UV exposure. So in a way, it has "tan lines" in the form of ever so imperceptible writing.