A bit of an over-reach?

Alan_M

Reaction score
I've been eyeballing the beautiful guitars over at Duesenberg. Man they are fantastic, beautiful guitars. I really want one! However, I looked at the price list and saw that the Dave Stewart signature model "The Blackbird" which is really just a custom appointed Starplayer III, is tad pricier than the standard Starplayer III, which lists at around $2700.00 USD. The Blackbird lists for, get this, $11,300.00 USD! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Really? Even the Mike Campbell 30th Anniversary Heartbreaker signature is only 3400 bucks! How many of the Blackbirds do they expect to sell at that price point? I guess 52 since that is the number the run is limited to. Seems nutty to me....

jazzman

Reaction score
Does it seem even nuttier to you that the superstructure of their guitars (neck/body) are made in korea and they are finished and assembled in europe?
Seems a bit excessive for a korean made guitar. No offense to anyone that likes them but I've played several and am just not impressed with the playability.

Alan_M

Reaction score
idealassets said:
Even the Mike Campbell 30th Anniversary Heartbreaker signature is only 3400 bucks!
Yeah? Who makes this guitar?

Duesenberg does. They have a number signature guitars, the Mike Campbell, the Dave Stewart, the Carl Carlton, the Chris Whitley, and a discontinued Ronnie Wood.

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Interesting guitars. At those prices, not at all interesting.
MD

Muovinen

Reaction score
Starplayers and Duesenbergs in general are very tempting and they are considerably cheaper here in Europe. I tried a few of them in Helsinki but I didn't get so excited even though I had a massive GAS due to some web browsing. They do look pretty but then again, I like tools more than jewels.

The Starplayer played much better and was superior in finish compared to a semi-hollow 2000e Gibson I also tried. Man, that was a horrible Gibbo :?

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I really don't like Duesenberg guitars at all, but considering they're a fairly generic Korean made guitar that's priced like a US or Euro made guitar, I like them even less.