NGD: a RARE CUSTOM ORDERED 1972 GUILD STARFIRE V GREEN

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
jp said:
Super cool! :D Another nice grab, Treem!
Thanks jp! :mrgreen:

Thunderface said:
And I thought your Blackfire and sunburst Starfire VI were stunners. Looks amazing, Treemster. Isn't it amazing what one seemingly innocent question can get you?
I concur and I am still shocked and blown away! :shock: :mrgreen:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Treem said:
twocorgis said:
In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't get into a bidding war for this one with my friend Tristan, and wish I had known he was in the hunt. I wouldn't have bid at all.
Actually, I saw Mike Brindell's (had the winning bid) post pictures of the Greenfire on Facebook. And so I send him a message to congratulate him on getting that sweet rare Green Starfire V. And also I asked, if you ever think of selling the SF-V let me know! Mike replied back saying that, he did not end up with the Greenfire. Due to some costly car repair and Mike give my information to the seller. And the rest is history! :mrgreen:

It's kismet! 8)

I just checked Mike's Facebook page, and was wondering why he isn't a member here, with all those beautiful Hoboken Guilds in his cover shot. Local Long Island boy, too.

Thunderface

Reaction score
twocorgis said:
Treem said:
twocorgis said:
In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't get into a bidding war for this one with my friend Tristan, and wish I had known he was in the hunt. I wouldn't have bid at all.
Actually, I saw Mike Brindell's (had the winning bid) post pictures of the Greenfire on Facebook. And so I send him a message to congratulate him on getting that sweet rare Green Starfire V. And also I asked, if you ever think of selling the SF-V let me know! Mike replied back saying that, he did not end up with the Greenfire. Due to some costly car repair and Mike give my information to the seller. And the rest is history! :mrgreen:

It's kismet! 8)

I just checked Mike's Facebook page, and was wondering why he isn't a member here, with all those beautiful Hoboken Guilds in his cover shot. Local Long Island boy, too.
He is. mbrindell is his user name.

Thunderface

Reaction score
drc said:
Dude you are rolling in vintage sweetness!
That he is ...

Treemsworld.jpg

Treem is a stronger man than me, in that I don't think I would have had the intestinal fortitude to part with any of the sweet vintage Guilds shown above. Then again, they're all interconnected in some way, so without moving some, as painful as that might have been, he wouldn't have wound up with the two on the right. I bow in your general direction, Sir Treem!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Geez, thunder, how about some kind of advance warning before you post those pics??? Stunning!

walrus

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
hansmoust said:
Hey Treem,

What's up with that truss rod cover! That one does not fit in with the historical context of the instrument!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl
Treem loves to switch the truss rod covers on his Guilds. It's just this thing he does. I'm sure he's got the original one in the case.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thunderface said:
drc said:
Dude you are rolling in vintage sweetness!
That he is ...

Treemsworld.jpg

Treem is a stronger man than me, in that I don't think I would have had the intestinal fortitude to part with any of the sweet vintage Guilds shown above. Then again, they're all interconnected in some way, so without moving some, as painful as that might have been, he wouldn't have wound up with the two on the right. I bow in your general direction, Sir Treem!

Whoa. Getting a little woozy here...

That green Starfire rocks, treem. Great score (again!!)

Dave :D

Thunderface

Reaction score
You know Dave, if I'm remembering correctly, your '69 Starfire IV played a role in the accumulation/moving of Guilds in the above photo, somewhere around the '73 M-75 and the '66 Starfire V. The seed was definitely planted in Treem's cranium with your beau-ti-ful Starfire...

SFIV_full.jpg

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thunderface said:
You know Dave, if I'm remembering correctly, your '69 Starfire IV played a role in the accumulation/moving of Guilds in the above photo, somewhere around the '73 M-75 and the '66 Starfire V. The seed was definitely planted in Treem's cranium with your beau-ti-ful Starfire...

SFIV_full.jpg

That's right, TF. Treem alerted me to the '69 becoming available from mojotooth (remember him?) as a potential a swap for my '73. I was happy about it then - and I still am. In spite of some very attractive trade offers, I've kept it. And it's pushed me to acquire several more 'bursts since then.

But those hollow M75 Bluesbirds with the mini HBs are super nice. 8)

Thunderface

Reaction score
dapmdave said:
That's right, TF. Treem alerted me to the '69 becoming available from mojotooth (remember him?) as a potential a swap for my '73. I was happy about it then - and I still am. In spite of some very attractive trade offers, I've kept it. And it's pushed me to acquire several more 'bursts since then.
You've gotta have mojo, baby. I wish he'd come back again.

Lostmojo.jpg

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
dapmdave said:
That's right, TF. Treem alerted me to the '69 becoming available from mojotooth (remember him?) as a potential a swap for my '73. I was happy about it then - and I still am.

Just for the record old buddy, and not to take anything away from the incredible Treemster, but that tip came from yours truly, and yes, you've already thanked me more than once. :wink: :mrgreen:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
twocorgis said:
dapmdave said:
That's right, TF. Treem alerted me to the '69 becoming available from mojotooth (remember him?) as a potential a swap for my '73. I was happy about it then - and I still am.

Just for the record old buddy, and not to take anything away from the incredible Treemster, but that tip came from yours truly, and yes, you've already thanked me more than once. :wink: :mrgreen:

My memory really sucks. You are right, of course (sorry). Treem was in there, somewhere.

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Thank you Gdizzler! :D Welcome Aboard in the LTG! 8) And congratulations on your 1st post! :) Got Pics? :mrgreen:

P1060857_zps51727230.jpg

P1060834_zpsdb031d84.jpg

P1060829_zps5cc705a0.jpg