I'm in love with a blonde

Alan_M

Reaction score
A butterscotch blonde! My 52 AVRI Telecaster came yesterday, and I played the crap out of it for a several hours. I love it. Sounds great, plays great, looks amazing. It's definitely a different experience than any of my other guitars, in a good way. Keeps my on my toes!
dsc01116f.jpg

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Is that an actual '52 or a reissue? I don't know Fender models that well, I'm just thinking if its a '52 it is mint! Either way a nice looking guitar!

walrus

Alan_M

Reaction score
walrus said:
Is that an actual '52 or a reissue? I don't know Fender models that well, I'm just thinking if its a '52 it is mint! Either way a nice looking guitar!

walrus

It's a re-issue... I'm not rich enough for a vintage! :lol:

drc

Reaction score
Alan_M said:
walrus said:

walrus

It's a re-issue... I'm not rich enough for a vintage! :lol:

well looking at your signature list... ur doin alright man :wink:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I *told* you I don't know Fenders! I wanted it to be original so I could hit Alan up for a loan!

walrus

Alan_M

Reaction score
southernGuild said:
walrus said:
I *told* you I don't know Fenders! walrus
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, ....But, "Yours is no disgrace"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFOOQ8e5J3A

Oh wow, thanks for linking that! I haven't listened to this song for a long time. Growing up my sister was majorly into prog rock, and it really soaked in. I had not filters or judgements, just "like" or not "like" and all that great music really steered me towards a more complex, melodic musical mindset that stuck with me ever since.

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Alan_M said:
[Oh wow, thanks for linking that! I haven't listened to this song for a long time. Growing up my sister was majorly into prog rock, and it really soaked in. I had not filters or judgements, just "like" or not "like" and all that great music really steered me towards a more complex, melodic musical mindset that stuck with me ever since.
:wink: Cool.
My older brother ( 15 years older! with an actual income, and able to buy albums, where I could not) did the same.
Great music.

Just_Guild

Reaction score
Beautiful Tele, congratulations and best wishes for MUCHO enjoyment. It's a great guitar!

I bought a new 2011 American Standard, sunburst in October (it was at LMG III). We were all very impressed with the quality, playability and the price. There has been a lot of nonsense blown around about Fender, and MIM versus MIA, etc., etc. But IMHO, Fender makes an awesome guitar, period. I think you will really enjoy this as time goes on.

Oh, and if you really, really feel the need to join another forum, check out this one:
http://www.tdpri.com/forum/index.php

Seems like a good bunch and enough information to make your head spin. In fact, take a walk on the wild side and search "MIM vs MIA" for some fun.

Again, best wishes to you.
AJ

Alan_M

Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
Classic. What does AVRI stand for?

American Vintage Re-Issue. That's Fender's naming scheme for USA built guitars. the American Standard, American Special.. etc.

learnintoplay62

Reaction score
Wow thanks for the post. I haven't listened to Yes in a long time. Just spent the last 20 min. listening to You and I. Frono you must love the base playing, just incredible.

Alan_M

Reaction score
fronobulax said:
Alan_M said:
American Standard

I've often wondered whether that was just an unfortunate choice of name or a wry commentary on quality.

What I find funny is the "American Special"... which mean it's "special" because it's a little lower quality than a "Standard" LOL