FS - Glasses that have seen it all

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
For Sale - one pair of clear plastic safety glasses with extended side protection. These glasses were personally issued to me by a Guild employee and worn (over regular glasses) for the LMG III factory tour. These glasses have witnessed Guild guitars being crafted from raw wood in the drying room all the way to final assembly. They have witnessed "The Ledger" wherein is recorded the statistics of every Guild built in New Hartford and assigned a serial number. They have seen fretboards being cut and radiused. They have seen necks being shaped. They have seen finishes being applied and racks of as yet unofficially announced guitars and basses waiting for a finish or a buffing. Unlike any other pair of glasses, this pair also saw the tool shop and four acoustic basses whose existence has only been hinted at elsewhere.

images

Image is not of the actual glasses but pictures of the actual glasses will be provided to serious buyers.

$1,000 OBO plus $10 S&H.

Edit: Mods - Is this a good place? If not, please move.

12 string

Reaction score
Guild Total
Are you sure those aren't Scratch's specs?

Where's the G Shield?

' Strang

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
Christopher Cozad said:
Boy, am I tempted...

Does it come with a case?

Christopher

The local For Eyes doesn't have anything that fits. I might be able to find a plastic gig bag similar to the original packaging if that seals the deal.

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
12 string said:
Are you sure those aren't Scratch's specs?

Where's the G Shield?

' Strang

Scratch showed no interest via a PM so I don't think they are his.

The G shield, unfortunately, does not provide the OHSA mandated eye protection so the side shield is present instead.

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
fronobulax said:
Christopher Cozad said:
...Does it come with a case?,,,/quote]

The local For Eyes doesn't have anything that fits. I might be able to find a plastic gig bag similar to the original packaging if that seals the deal.
Without an OHSC I am not sure if it is a good investment.

Did you say it was in mint condition? What about cracks or scratches? What type of cloth was used to polish it? Are you the original owner? Is there a warranty? Would it be a good decision for me to buy it? If I send a PM offering less than half of your asking price, can we still be friends?

Christopher

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
If we have learned anything from ebay, we have learned the necessity of half-clad women and full-clad weasel words.

Please correct this deficiency, or, at the very least, include a pic of Christopher Cozad in a romance novel-type pose.

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
Christopher Cozad said:
fronobulax said:
[quote="Christopher Cozad":2zfpk15r]...Does it come with a case?,,,/quote]

Without an OHSC I am not sure if it is a good investment.

Did you say it was in mint condition? What about cracks or scratches? What type of cloth was used to polish it? Are you the original owner? Is there a warranty? Would it be a good decision for me to buy it? If I send a PM offering less than half of your asking price, can we still be friends?

Christopher[/quote:2zfpk15r]

Well, since they shipped from the manufacturer in a gig bag, I think anyone who claims to have an OHSC would be lying to you. As I said, For Eyes did not have a HSC to fit but if Guildies can find cases for M-20's then maybe, just maybe, they could find one.

I can't honestly call them mint, since they were worn for three hours but they were well taken care of and not abused during that time. No cracks or scratches but I will leave polish to you. I don't want to be responsible for inadvertently damaging them just to make them pretty for sale. I am the first owner at retail although since Guild did not make them, to the best of my knowledge, they owned them before I did. I warrant them to be free of defects in workmanship and materials and will replace them or refund your money after a 90% restocking fee and you paying return shipping. OBO means I will read your PM even if I laugh in the general direction of your offer.

Thanks for looking.

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
Default said:
If we have learned anything from ebay, we have learned the necessity of half-clad women and full-clad weasel words.

Please correct this deficiency, or, at the very least, include a pic of Christopher Cozad in a romance novel-type pose.

Beloved Enemy by Mary Schaller.

51HA1V206SL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Look for the Confederate Lieutenant who makes a brief appearance about two thirds of the way through the book.

Is my presence in a romance novel good enough?

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
Default said:
Still missing the Jimi/Jimmy allusions.

These glasses, may be the same model that Jimi Hendrix did, or did not, wear as eye protection when performing The Star Spangled Banner.

These glasses are also similar to the ones issued to Guild employees for their own use on the factory floor.

While inspecting them for scratches I did notice something that might have been the initials "S.R.V.". They might not have been but I'm thinking my price is too low.

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
adorshki said:
fronobulax said:
poser said:
Didn't Nick Drake wear glasses like that once?

Price boost: $1,100 OBO + $10 S&H
For that I'd expect you to personally autograph 'em.

Before I do that, does anyone know how to get Sharpie ink off of plastic? I would hate to see a thread a year from now concerning the moron who collected an autograph and now the new buyer wants to take it off.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
fronobulax said:
adorshki said:
fronobulax said:
Price boost: $1,100 OBO + $10 S&H
For that I'd expect you to personally autograph 'em.

Before I do that, does anyone know how to get Sharpie ink off of plastic? I would hate to see a thread a year from now concerning the moron who collected an autograph and now the new buyer wants to take it off.
Ok, ok...I'll settle for a signed photograph of you wearin' em.
Dated and notarized of course.
And now that I think about it, with an accompanying DNA sample for absolute verification of provenance.
Yours, that is, not the glasses'.
A lock of hair should be sufficient.

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
adorshki said:
A lock of hair should be sufficient.

I presume you have looked at my new avatar and LMG III pictures and know that is a cruel and ironic joke.

:lol: :lol: :lol: