New GSR T-500

Ravon

Reaction score
What a guitar ! Worth every penny to be sure .... if one had the pennies :|

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
"Duncan Franz P-90 Pickups"? WHOA. Here's praying they sell the pickups on thier own at some point.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ravon said:
What a guitar ! Worth every penny to be sure .... if one had the pennies.

Well, lucky for me I already got my T-500 a long time ago!

T500_1.jpg

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

guildman63

Reaction score
I inquired about this guitar regarding each being numbered 1/25 through 25/25, and I was told that they will not be numbered. Does anybody know anything about this? Thanks!

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know... Does NH number the sequence of GSRs? I wasn't aware of that. Maybe you can deduce it by finding the lowest serial number in the series? The factory could provide that info (if they wanted to).

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Chazmo said:
Does NH number the sequence of GSRs?
Not for the acoustic GSR models, but the GSR Starfire VI had both the serial number and the number x of 18 written on the label.
"finding the lowest serial number in the series" is almost impossible, I tried to get all serial numbers of some GSR models but usually after 10 or so you run out of luck to find more serial numbers...It doesn't really matter anyway what number of sequence one got, looking at the low number anyway. Not sure if the GSR T-500 run will be 20 or 25, one shop wrote 20, the other 25. Until it is not on the Guild webpage the total number is speculation only.
Ralf

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
hansmoust said:
Well, this is as close as I'm going to let you guys get today!
That's a surprise now, as I though the T-500 did only exist in the early 60ties! Obviously your T-500 was made "after 1970" (and I just say that year because the TRC is not a 60ties TRC), so that might be something to see in volume II (since you don't want to show more now)? Since we have not seen other such "after 1970" T-500s it must be pretty rare...
Ralf

guildman63

Reaction score
SFIV1967 said:
Chazmo said:
Does NH number the sequence of GSRs?
Not for the acoustic GSR models, but the GSR Starfire VI had both the serial number and the number x of 18 written on the label.
"finding the lowest serial number in the series" is almost impossible, I tried to get all serial numbers of some GSR models but usually after 10 or so you run out of luck to find more serial numbers...It doesn't really matter anyway what number of sequence one got, looking at the low number anyway. Not sure if the GSR T-500 run will be 20 or 25, one shop wrote 20, the other 25. Until it is not on the Guild webpage the total number is speculation only.
Ralf

My concern isn't necessarily to find the lowest in the series, although some do worry about that. My question was from the perspective of this guitar being a limited edition, and having the x/20 or x/25 on the label to verify that ones guitar is in fact part of that limited series. I am not implying that Guild would then produce more after the fact, but I have never known limited editions to not state the edition clearly on each individual item, and it seems odd that Guild would choose to omit this from each guitar. I have a GSR Starfire, and it clearly includes both the serial number and 2/18 on the inner label.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ah, good info, guys.

So, guildman, GSRs are by definition (at least to this point) limited to ~20 in a series. At this point, if they were to change that I think they'd call 'em something else.

guildman63

Reaction score
Chazmo said:
Ah, good info, guys.

So, guildman, GSRs are by definition (at least to this point) limited to ~20 in a series. At this point, if they were to change that I think they'd call 'em something else.

You are probably right, and I'm sure it isn't an issue, but 4K is big bucks, at least in my house! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: One for each K needed to buy this guitar.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Chazmo said:
Ah, good info, guys.

Well if I am going to pay a premium for something because it was sold as a limited edition then I would want some kind of documentation of that. I think the case people fear is that the GSR sells out so quickly that Guild decides to make a production model and thus, in 5 years, only the aficionados know the difference and the GSRs plummet in value. I'm not advising buying guitars as investments but in this case being part of a limited edition is part of the value and it would be nice to have that protected.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I agree, frono - they advertise "limited production" so there should be a way to document that. We don't *know* that the price includes the "collectability" of a limited run, but it seems implied to me.

walrus

guildman63

Reaction score
Way back when we were discussing the new GSR Starfire and everyone was making suggestions for what might be a nice next release, I suggested something along the lines of a X-550 or a DE-500, and I said that I would find a way to buy it if that happened. Well, I just dropped a deposit on one of these T-500's! I now have a little selling to do, but it just looks too damned hot to pass up, and I suspect they will go fast. Major gas going on here for this guitar! :D

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
guildman63 said:
Way back when we were discussing the new GSR Starfire and everyone was making suggestions for what might be a nice next release, I suggested something along the lines of a X-550 or a DE-500, and I said that I would find a way to buy it if that happened. Well, I just dropped a deposit on one of these T-500's! I now have a little selling to do, but it just looks too damned hot to pass up, and I suspect they will go fast. Major gas going on here for this guitar! :D

That's the spirit! 8) 8)

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Nice, guildman! Keep us updated, that sounds exciting!

walrus