Venerated Member
Reaction score

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
southernGuild said:
8) :wink: C0OL! :D
I miss the Marshell Tucker Band......And Charlie Daniels, "playing it HOT!"

It makes you wonder how much incredible music would have been turned out had the Caldwell brothers not died at such an early age.....I miss them too. And on Charlie Daniels.......I think many people don't realize how versitile his music was until you listen to something like "Saddle Tramp" in it's entirety.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
West R Lee said:
And on Charlie Daniels.......I think many people don't realize how versitile his music was until you listen to something like "Saddle Tramp" in it's entirety.
The music's fine but that album cover is pretty bad. :?

Just sayin',
Joe

Sorry Joe, couldn't find a live version. But I've always liked the Saddle Tramp album cover....in fact I think I still have the old 33 RPM album.....got it on CD too :wink:

Check out these kiddos rendition of "Blue Sky" :D .....love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm26TsqQsjY

West

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
West R Lee said:
Sorry Joe, couldn't find a live version. But I've always liked the Saddle Tramp album cover....in fact I think I still have the old 33 RPM album.....got it on CD too :wink:

West
It's NBD.
I just think the artwork is questionable and perhaps a little overdone, IMHO. :wink:

Joe

CA-35

Reaction score
Sweet tribute West! 8) 8)

"Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say.
And if you do this
It'll help you some sunny day."

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
CA-35 said:
Sweet tribute West! 8) 8)

"Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say.
And if you do this
It'll help you some sunny day."

Click on the first link in the first post CA, I think you'll like it. I've seen them a couple of times the past few years and Lynyrd Skynyrd is better now than they ever were.

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Another of my favorites off the "Saddle Tramp" album. And Joe, it dawned on me why I'm partial to the album cover and you may not care for it. The art is probably pretty crude I agree. But the hatband is absolutely perfect for the era. Everybody in the 70's and early 80's wore the big peacock and pheasant feathered hatbands.....had one myself. It's just always brought back memories.

"Sweet Louisiana"......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJIFkxJLBjM

West

Ravon

Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
West R Lee said:
And on Charlie Daniels.......I think many people don't realize how versitile his music was until you listen to something like "Saddle Tramp" in it's entirety.
The music's fine but that album cover is pretty bad. :?

Just sayin',
Joe[/quote I remember that album, the portrait was pretty bad. Those eye's :shock:

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
All good stuff Rave. Of that group, I'd have to say that .38 Speical was my fave.

West

Ravon

Reaction score
West R Lee said:
All good stuff Rave. Of that group, I'd have to say that .38 Speical was my fave.

West
They were all great bands but even in the '70's I thought that alot of those songs would have sounded better with alot less processed fuzz and distortion (even todays guitarists :wink: ).
  • I felt Black Oak was one of the coolest bands out there when they came out. That is until my girlfriend and her friends went to one of their concerts and were invited back stage with a band member paying particular attention to my gal (I found out a couple weeks later) It took alot just to post their link . Nearly forty years later I think I'm over it though :lol: :) :| :( :cry: