Reaction score
Guild Total
How did we miss this?

Site.

Daguet Guitars said:
Bisonic style bass pickups
Posted : 24/05/2012 à 04:11:25
Hello Everybody!

at least I did it! After lots of wasted time due to various manufacturers and general weather conditions(joke) the pickups are finally here! Based on the original design of the BISONIC HAGSTROM(also called "darkstar" by fred Hammon) they are physycally the same (magnetS, bobin sizes, winding and so on), but I have changed few things in order to make it easier to fit and adjust on about any basses with just the change of the pickup ring ( sorry impossible with Fender pu's though the routing remain reasonably small.

First series of only 50sets, guess they won't stay very long... price and info on their pages.
have a nice day

Page with details is here with price of 225 Euros.

We have talked about this person's plans to make the PUs but I'm surprised it took several weeks for anyone (that would be me) to notice they were available.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
mellowgerman said:
Cool, i'd love to hear them. Like the look too

There are sound clips on the site although on speakers, rather than headphones, I wasn't impressed with the similarities to an original. But past experience suggests the playback is system really makes a difference so I am withholding any judgement for the moment.

Reaction score
I heard about these a few months ago.

Read this thread for some of the best updates: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f38/darks ... ps-872546/

Both users MPU and SGD Lutherie are making Darkstar-like pickups. I'm personally waiting for the SGD ones to come out. Roger's look nice and seem to sound good too, but I'd prefer to order one of the SGD ones when those are ready. They're stateside, which makes things easier for me as far as shipping costs go. Also, it sounds like he's planning on using rails instead of poles, so string spacing won't be an issue with those pickups.

Happy Face

Justified Ancient of MuMu
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that link. Interesting read.

I rarely have the patience to wade through TB anymore.

The rails vs posts is an interesting debate. The posts don't always match up perfectly
In fact, when I set up my JS 2 a couple of weeks ago, I put some shims between some saddles as an experiment. But I think the height adjustment ability is useful if you change the type of strings
of you put on, yes/no?

Happy Face

Justified Ancient of MuMu
Reaction score
fronobulax said:
Are pole pieces adjustable? Are we supposed to adjust them?

:wink:

Some years back I showed some shameful newbieness on that subject on the dudepit
i was whining that my G string suddenly was going dead really quickly. Mgod or one of the other wizemen asked if I bad raised the pup pole. Sure enough, that's what I had done.

mgod

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I wouldn't have too much of an opinion about that. Among the things I'm truly expert at is making my Guilds, etc. useless by adjusting the pole pieces.

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
mgod said:
I wouldn't have too much of an opinion about that. Among the things I'm truly expert at is making my Guilds, etc. useless by adjusting the pole pieces.
send them over then, they'd suit my abilities. :mrgreen: