Rector Guitars?

TonyT

Reaction score
I haven't, but I can't resist..

"Rector? Nearly killed her."

I am deeply sorry.

griehund

Reaction score
My rector is looking for a guitar but he's in the $400 to $600 range. Oh well. :)

rmiller9969

Reaction score
I went by and played it today. Great projection and a nice warm tone. I think I'm going to get it this week. I wish the guy selling it wasn't drowning me out with his outstanding play of his Martin omcpa1 the whole time :wink:

p1010130y.jpg

p1010131a.jpg

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
griehund said:
My rector is looking for a guitar but he's in the $400 to $600 range. Oh well. :)

Our rector has difficulty carrying a tune, but at least the assistant is willing to sing/chant once in a while. On the other hand, the education person was trained as a classical guitarist and spends much of his time trying to be the Education Guy and not just the Guitar Guy.

Ravon

Reaction score
It's a seriously beautiful guitar. I've never heard of them, maybe you could tell us some more about these. Don't take this wrong but personally I'm the type that when spending that kind of money I'd stay with a Guild or a Martin because of resale. Of course tone is so subjective. Now if money were no object for me then if I liked it I'd buy it :)

rmiller9969

Reaction score
Not taken the wrong way at all. The resale is my only concern. I'm trading my JF-30 for it straight up so as far as original value, I am coming out on top. However, I know this is not the case when I go to sell it. The tone and projection were great though. The company is definitely small and I am trading based on what my ear likes and hears. Again, I am totally aware that I am taking a hit in the resale department. I with post an audio clip when I get it.