Mint '06 Howard Roberts Fusion (wish list)

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Being a total idiot about electric type guitars and archtops as well..... I have no idea what I'm looking at but OH MY that is a BEAUTIFUL GUITAR!!! Probably one of the prettiest bursts I've ever seen...... golly!!!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I agree, that is a cool guitar! Interesting placement for the selector switch - is there some advantage to that spot?

walrus

Ravon

Reaction score
davismanLV said:
Being a total idiot about electric type guitars and archtops as well..... I have no idea what I'm looking at but OH MY that is a BEAUTIFUL GUITAR!!! Probably one of the prettiest bursts I've ever seen...... golly!!!
Shows that a guitar doesn't have to have any flame at all. I just love ebony fretboards as well and the sellers right, not too many semi hollows out there with one. Gibson has the es 175 Custom with an ebony board but this to me, is a much more desirable guitar. That fingerstyle tailpiece helps too :) . I have no idea why they placed the selector swith there but seems like an ok spot to me, wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit to fiddle with it there! Seems like a fair deal pricewise as well. Guess all I can do is dream for now :?

Ravon

Reaction score
Ravon said:
davismanLV said:
Shows that a guitar doesn't have to have any flame at all. I just love ebony fretboards as well and the sellers right, not too many semi hollows out there with one. Gibson has the es 175 Custom with an ebony board but this to me, is a much more desirable guitar. That fingerstyle tailpiece helps too :) . I have no idea why they placed the selector swith there but seems like an ok spot to me, wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit to fiddle with it there! Seems like a fair deal pricewise as well. Guess all I can do is dream for now :?
Edit! The es137 Custom has the ebony fretboard and NOT an es175

Reaction score
I love the round hole model of the Howard Roberts..
It's striking how wonderful it looks to me...
Whether the gibson or the ibanez they both look great to me and someday...I'll sell something and buy one.
thanks,
Skip

Ravon

Reaction score
Yeah Skip, those older HR Gibsons are sweet with the oval soundholes. BTW...Welcome!