New member S-100 pics.

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, I finally found some time to pull out my '73 S-100, put on new strings and snap a couple pics.

rampside
om/albums/w487/rampside/?

Thunderface

Reaction score
rampside said:
I just joined LTG last month and the reason being, I have a '73 S-100 Carved (natural) that's in the original case and literally under my bed for the past 27 yrs. or so. Needless to say, the thing's quite nice and looks almost like new...Then I stumbled upon this site. I must say, you guys have me pretty fired up (if thats possible at my age). So now I'm shopping for an amp so maybe I can re-learn a few Blues licks... You S-100 guys are awesome.
Rampside also e-mailed me the photos, so I'll help out with the first posting ...

Rampside1.jpg

Rampside6.jpg

Rampside4.jpg

Rampside3.jpg

Rampside5.jpg

... HMMOGG (Holy Moly Mother of Guild Goodness)! This story is like dating a pretty girl in high school and then losing track of her until your high school reunion years later and finding out she's gorgeous, single and she still has a crush on you. :D

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks Thunderface, for getting the pics posted...Also, I borrowed an amp and plugged her in and Man I must say, she's sweet. Doesn't seem to have any issues that I can tell. Got lots of work to do to get the rust off this old relic (me), but it'll be fun trying.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi rampside, welcome to LTG!
But one thing you definitely need to correct as soon as possible! The Truss Rod Cover is upside down! :shock:
This is something that we always jump on, when somebody mounted it Gibson or Taylor like.
Guild Truss Rod Covers have to be the other way around, the round side up and the flat side towards the nut. Reason is that it's not a bell but a shield and looks like the headstock.

GuildS-100_0112_edited-1.jpg

Best regards,
Ralf

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Aaaaw geeez Ralf, busted, but it's already been done. It must've been that Gibson guy that did some minor adjustments for me some 20 odd years ago before I stuffed it away. I was amazed that, after all those years under the bed, she was still in tune.

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome aboard Rampside! that is a sweet looking S-100 carved! 8)

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
rampside said:
Hmmmmm.....I'm wondering how Ralf managed to get that photo???? :(
That picture is actually posted in your very first post here! (Just not visible since you did not include the *.jpg file, but the link to your album).
Ralf

Frosty

Reaction score
+1 on the welcomes.

Those carved S-100s are very cool. My son was enamored of one hanging in the
local used guitar shop, oh... 15 years ago. I think it was $800 or so... I didn't
buy it... a decision I regret for several reasons.

Good looking and a comfy electric guitar neck, as I recall.