Another N/OGD in Texas

Geo

Reaction score
NGD

As it often works out, when you’re not really looking for something it comes around.

I bought a D26 a few years back and had all but given up on finding a JF26 to make a nice pair of rare birds that were manufactured in 1995 only.

Here’s the newest member of the stable,,,,, a very nice JF26 in excellent condition. 8)

JF26004.jpg

JF26010.jpg

JF26009.jpg

JF26007.jpg

JF26013.jpg

George

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Very nice George. Where'd that little beauty turn up?....you're right, pretty darned rare. I couldn't help but notice the Cajun cook book there.....maybe some crawfish etouffee and some picking later? Congratulations on the new flattop my friend.

West

SouthernSounds

Reaction score
Good looking guitar, George! & In very well company with Hans's book!

Thanks for the pics, Geo! And happy for you, btw! :D

All the best,

B.

Geo

Reaction score
Just put a new set of John Pearse 80/20 light on the JF26 and gave her good clean and polishing. I’m in love with this guitar!! :mrgreen:

The few light scratches on the back buffed out and she’s looking minty. The frets show practically no wear. Applied conditioner the fretboard and it looks new. No oxidation on the gold tuners. The action is low with a tall saddle. Plays great with wonderful tone and sustain. A really nice guitar. I spent most of the dough I was saving for a F47R on her but I’m sure glad I did.

George

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice Guild bible placement there. 8)

Was this the one that was on Guitar Center's used site George? I notice it's no longer there anymore.

Geo

Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
West R Lee said:
I couldn't help but notice the Cajun cook book there.....

West
Seems like you have a copy of that one, too, Jim! 8)

Great looking guitar, George!

Joe

Two of my favorite subjects, Guitars & Cooking,,,,,,,, well three if you add eating. :D

twocorgis said:
Nice Guild bible placement there. 8)

Was this the one that was on Guitar Center's used site George? I notice it's no longer there anymore.

Yes it is Sandy. I saw it,,,,, then had a quick Q&A with Hans about the price and jumped on it. After I bought it I signed on to LTG and did a search on JF26 and saw that Dave had posted it in the ebay/craigslist/gbase section on March 7th,,,, I don’t know how I missed it. :shock:

I can’t believe it sat at the Rockville store for 6 weeks. I hadn’t looked at the GC used site in quite a while so I assumed it was a new listing. I’m sure glad I’m the one who brought it home.

It’s the first one I’ve seen for sale in years.

The Guilds of Grot said:
Now we need to see a photo of the siblings together!

Good idea Grot. :wink:

D26JF26005.jpg

D26JF26003.jpg

D26JF26009.jpg

D26JF26013.jpg

D26JF26012.jpg

D26JF26004.jpg

George

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Come on George....show some restraint....just because a nice and rare guitar shows us doesn't mean you have to buy it.................oops....sorry.........just remembered my A50 :oops: :oops: Steffan

Geo

Reaction score
taabru45 said:
Come on George....show some restraint....just because a nice and rare guitar shows us doesn't mean you have to buy it.................oops....sorry.........just remembered my A50 :oops: :oops: Steffan

When they're as sweet as your A50 and this one restraint goes out the window doesn't it Stef. :lol: They needed good homes anyway.

My F47R GAS fund is down to zip but that's ok. There's one down the road if something else doesn't jump in front of it. :D

George

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
And George, if you don't mind my saying so, that D26 ain't bad either. Man that's some beautiful mahogany, and with my favorite beige binding, man that thing is just incredible. Cool deal, your getting the JF also.

And Joe, is that the same cookbook? :shock: Well I'll be danged!

West

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Geo said:
taabru45 said:

When they're as sweet as your A50 and this one restraint goes out the window doesn't it Stef. :lol: They needed good homes anyway.

My F47R GAS fund is down to zip but that's ok. There's one down the road if something else doesn't jump in front of it. :D

George

What's a guy supposed to do....so I thought I'd glance at CL...that morning...3rd ad down there it was, rent wasn't due for a couple of days....pension check came in the day before, and if I forgot about eating I could do both.... :lol: :lol: irrational? not hardly.....got called in for some part time work and its all good....you just gotta believe..... :lol: ..... :roll: Steffan

Geo

Reaction score
West R Lee said:
And George, if you don't mind my saying so, that D26 ain't bad either. Man that's some beautiful mahogany, and with my favorite beige binding, man that thing is just incredible. Cool deal, your getting the JF also.

And Joe, is that the same cookbook? :shock: Well I'll be danged!

West

Thanks Jim!! I love the D26 and the beige binding is hard to beat. They’re both in fantastic, (very near mint) condition for being 17 years old.

I’ve wanted the JF for a long time.

George

Geo

Reaction score
taabru45 said:
you just gotta believe..... :lol: ..... :roll: Steffan

Things have a way of working out don't they buddy!!! :lol:

I'm glad it all fell into place with a timeline that brought that sweet guitar into your life. :mrgreen:

George

Geo

Reaction score
zulu said:
Congrats on the beautiful guitar. Let's go bump the Guild count thread Geo!

Right behind you zulu. 8)

George

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Guild. Love the pic of the pair. Great stuff.

Geo

Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
Simply gorgeous, George. Hey.....Gorgeous George!! What did I just do? :shock:

Good looking pair of Guilds.

Joe

:lol: :lol: How nice of you to notice. :lol:

Oh, you're tallking about the guitars. :oops: :lol:

G.G.