My second Smooth Stone

rws11

Reaction score
Although I love my Guilds, I have become enamored of these Smooth Stones. Probably because I can input my own ideas, and taste into the finished product.....not to mention I can follow the progress of the build first hand. So without further ado, I give you number two. Port Orford cedar over claro walnut, Macassar ebony bridge, fingerboard, peghead overlay, and mahogany neck. Grover Imperial tuners, and high gloss finish. Although the sound here is different, brighter than the redwood, it sounds great. Here she is:

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1096-1.jpg

IMG_1094-1-1.jpg

Sorry, that's dust on the peghead.
IMG_1092-1.jpg

IMG_1091-1.jpg

And once again, Dale Humphries, of Smooth Stone guitars, hard at work, creating beauty from raw wood.

CopyofIMG_1038-1.jpg

Smoothstoneguitars.com if you're interested

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow , that's just exceptionally beautiful.... my goodness!! I'm assuming it sounds as amazing as it looks?

Thanks for the pictures and the link.

All the guitar manufacturers we admire today started with ONE guitar...

It's good to see.

8)

rws11

Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
Nut width? (Just to satisfy our curiosity.)
Joe

One and three quarters, Joe. String spacing at the nut is one and a half.

Ridgemont said:
How does it sound?

Describing the sound is beyond my capabilities Ridge. I can say that it's clear and bright. Not as warm as the redwood. A wonderful sound, however.

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
:shock: Beautiful handcrafted guitar there Richard...Beautiful woods, and artistic vision all coming together there. Congrats for making the good decision to go for it! What a creative sight to behold!
Hope it takes your music into new creative places. :wink: Good on Ya!!!!

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Very nice. I had a confab with Smooth Stone re: a custom build. Dale, seemed like a very nice guy. Guiatars sure look great. Still mulling it over.