2011 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Question

Ravon

Reaction score
Ok, I read up on what exactly is chambering and weight reduced (duh).I understand that this type of Paul is weight reduced and think I'd want that more Les Paul sound over a chambered. Still any pro's and con's on the Traditional and maybe what would be a reasonable offer? This is a store model (sans warranty I guess) thats been played but with supposedly only light scratching on pickgaurd.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ravon said:
This is a store model (sans warranty I guess) thats been played but with supposedly only light scratching on pickgaurd.
Ravon I'm only going to address the warranty question: Just 'cause it was a store demo doesn't automatically mean there's no warranty. Warranty for other potential defects shouldn't be affected by cosmetic wear from demo use.
BUT, I think the wording "WAS a store demo" seems to imply that that's what it was when the current owner bought it. Might be worth clarifying if you get serious about it. :wink:

Ravon

Reaction score
Thanks Al, good questions to ask. Don't really know how warrantees work but I'll ask. I think I might just go for this if in reason (thats kind of relative when talking prices for Gibsons though :roll: :lol: )

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ravon said:
Thanks Al, good questions to ask. Don't really know how warrantees work but I'll ask. I think I might just go for this if in reason (thats kind of relative when talking prices for Gibsons though :roll: :lol: )
Demos typically get discounted due to the little dings from demo-ing but as long as it was never "titled", the warranty comes from the manufacturer, not the store, so should be part of the deal. Like demonstrating new cars that get test driven, they still get warranty.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Went for almost $1,800 - did you score it, Ravon?

walrus