$40 G Strat on ebay

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ravon said:
Do they just pick some insane number out of the air cause I don't see any rubies, diamonds or Krugerands in this thing :roll: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Custom-S ... 19cd8b1638
Well, with all the inlays and so on it adds pretty much up. Look at some of the Martin guitars with inlays...
It's a piece of art basically, just one piece made as it sounds. And there might be a Japanese who really is willing to pay it. In the video John Cruz said it was originally planned for the Tokyo guitar show.
Ralf

Ravon

Reaction score
I don't know Ralf. Theres some pretty ornately inlaid guitars on ebay out of Vietnam thats been going for $35,600 less. But then again, I never understood what all the fuss was about a Picasso either :lol:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Utter non sense.
I refuse to believe there is a clown out there willing to spit out 40G's to acquire that puke inducing monstrosity.
But then again, every day brings a new surprise as to what can be expected from the masses..... :roll:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
bluesypicky said:
Utter non sense.
I refuse to believe there is a clown out there willing to spit out 40G's to acquire that puke inducing monstrosity.
But then again, every day brings a new surprise as to what can be expected from the masses..... :roll:

Bad taste is the backbone of American society Pascal! :lol:

Ravon

Reaction score
twocorgis said:
bluesypicky said:
Utter non sense.

Don't forget mediocrity :lol:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
twocorgis said:
bluesypicky said:
Utter non sense.

:lol: :lol: Mind you: it does include a strap and a cable.....

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
bluesypicky said:
...puke inducing monstrosity.

C'mon, man. Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think! :lol: :lol:

Dave :D

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
bluesypicky said:
:lol: :lol: Mind you: it does include a strap and a cable.....

bluesypicky said:
dapmdave said:
bluesypicky said:
...puke inducing monstrosity.
C'mon, man. Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think! :lol: :lol: Dave :D
I'd love to, but Frono's watching... :lol:

Cable. Strap. Mrs. Fro has a strap button on her F-30. Sorry. What? Did someone say my name?

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
fronobulax said:
Cable. Strap. Mrs. Fro has a strap button on her F-30.
Strap button but no strap?!!! You got robbed.
Shame she doesn't play electric.... for only $38.000 extra, you were getting the cable and the strap included!
And the Deluxe case!!! :shock:
(You could always have refinished it in a decent color....)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
bluesypicky said:
I'm surprised at you, parroting such a bourgeois attitude. You must have missed your opiate today.

:D

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
adorshki said:
bluesypicky said:
I'm surprised at you, parroting such a bourgeois attitude. You must have missed your opiate today. :
Bourgeoise attitude? Nah.... just a philosophical reflection on my species, that often ashames me just for the fact of being a part of it, although I've always felt like an outsider on so many levels.
Spectating this circus can be sometimes funny, sometimes sad, but "amazing" is a constant, if you'll allow me to reiterate. :p

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
bluesypicky said:
adorshki said:
bluesypicky said:
I'm surprised at you, parroting such a bourgeois attitude. You must have missed your opiate today. :
Bourgeoise attitude? Nah.... just a philosophical reflection on my species, that often ashames me just for the fact of being a part of it, although I've always felt like an outsider on so many levels.
Spectating this circus can be sometimes funny, sometimes sad, but "amazing" is a constant, if you'll allow me to reiterate. :p
Aw shucks, only meant to razz a buddy. Looks like that one fell flat. Sincere apologies. In public.
As for feeling like an outsider, you drive a Citroen, and not even a DS, but a Deux Chevaux truck . :shock: What are people supposed to think?. :p

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
adorshki said:
As for feeling like an outsider, you drive a Citroen, and not even a DS, but a Deux Chevaux truck . :shock: What are people supposed to think?. :p
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's why I also bought a GMC.... to "blend in"... :lol:
No need to apologize, since the Beck / Santana, or even the flatty / arched back discussions, the mutual poking has been a good way to make both of us realize how close we really are.
But still, it doesn't help in making me feel anymore of an insider to this "masses" thingie, since you're a bot anyway. :shock:
:lol:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
bluesypicky said:
adorshki said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's why I also bought a GMC.... to "blend in"... :lol:
No need to apologize, since the Beck / Santana, or even the flatty / arched back discussions, the mutual poking has been a good way to make both of us realize how close we really are.
But still, it doesn't help in making me feel anymore of an insider to this "masses" thingie, since you're a bot anyway. :shock:
:lol:
Y'know, I was gonna say that as far as feeling ashamed of your species, at least you have a species...but I couldn't quite figure out how to go there with out sounding supercilious somehow, y'know , like one of those alien computers or something.
But you know me so well, ya said it for me! :D

kitniyatran

Reaction score
Oh, shucky darns;
This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available

(Not that I would actually PAY 40 grand even if I had it)