Recent Jam

Willy

Reaction score
fronobulax said:
Well, I have no idea WTF you and Willy are talking about, but I don't care either (so please do not explain). The singer had some intonation problems, but so did I the last time I heard myself sing. Monitors and earphones are your friends. I find it enhances too many geezer stereotypes to comment about a performer just because she is female. I would describe her playing as pedestrian by which I mean "I can play that, too", but she's playing for a bigger audience than I usually am so who am I to talk? Bottom line - I pretty much said all I had to say.

Frono...now we're all confused :lol:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Willy said:

idealassets said:
It appears that we have mostly 2 way traffic on this thread. Apparently the drunk lead singer, and my rusty drumming didn't bring much interest from our fellow LYG'ers. But did I mention there was a lady bass player in there? She's 25, single, and friendly. I am still faking that I'm younger whenever I'm around her.

If I had quoted that it might have made more sense or it may just be that I really don't understand Craig. Wouldn't be the first time :wink:

Willy

Reaction score
fronobulax said:
Willy said:

idealassets said:
It appears that we have mostly 2 way traffic on this thread. Apparently the drunk lead singer, and my rusty drumming didn't bring much interest from our fellow LYG'ers. But did I mention there was a lady bass player in there? She's 25, single, and friendly. I am still faking that I'm younger whenever I'm around her.

If I had quoted that it might have made more sense or it may just be that I really don't understand Craig. Wouldn't be the first time :wink:
:lol: I had missed the "drunk lead singer" comment myself but did notice Craig has his eye on the single and friendly 25 yo bass player! Now, if it were my voice I wouldn't be able to use drunkenness as an excuse, it's just not good (my voice that is).

idealassets

Reaction score
I really don't understand Craig. Wouldn't be the first time
I'm now confused, who doesn't understand what? There were a few folks in that jam that didn't understand much of anything.

Most of the folks in that place begin to run wild after about 1/2 a beer. Meanwhile I had a wonderful chili dog, bowl of chili and coke. I merely stopped in after my lutheir class to see who was playing.

The host band likes to drag anybody up there to play. Every Monday night is amatuer night and the townies like to come in and scream and cheer at the players, whether good or bad. Maybe thats why Michigan born Bob Seeger and Ted Nugent made it big.

Craig

idealassets

Reaction score
I had missed the "drunk lead singer" comment myself
I actually try to help a few of those folks with a little coaching. I think the lead singer and rhythm guitar player must be sloshed a lot, because I have never seen them miss an open mic anywhere in the last 1.5 years. There are 3 open mic's a week in town, and few more in some nearby towns.

I usually only play open mic when I'm on top of my game. I hate to sound crummy.

Craig

idealassets

Reaction score
How's that working out for you, Craig?
Its all sort of "professional". It helps to be connected with everyone in order to succeed with the music, and have more opportunities.

Being socially friendly is usually not detrimental, provided that the other folks are having a relatively good day.

idealassets

Reaction score
May I quote you on that?
Sure thing. What I was trying to say is that if you're trying to impress a woman, even Brad Pitt could be challenged if that woman is having a bad day. -Its always best to negotiate during the most favorable conditions.

Craig

Willy

Reaction score
idealassets said:
I really don't understand Craig. Wouldn't be the first time
I'm now confused, who doesn't understand what? There were a few folks in that jam that didn't understand much of anything.

Most of the folks in that place begin to run wild after about 1/2 a beer. Meanwhile I had a wonderful chili dog, bowl of chili and coke. I merely stopped in after my lutheir class to see who was playing.

The host band likes to drag anybody up there to play. Every Monday night is amatuer night and the townies like to come in and scream and cheer at the players, whether good or bad. Maybe thats why Michigan born Bob Seeger and Ted Nugent made it big.

Craig

That sounds like a bunch of fun Craig.

Luthier class? Are you building your own instrument? Keep us up with what you're doing, I'd love to be doing that myself.

idealassets

Reaction score
Luthier class? Are you building your own instrument?
No, at this point I am learning repairs. I'm not to the point yet of a total guitar build, since I've only had one calss so far. The instructor advocates that we build our own at some point. He prefers to build the "O" Martin type body guitars for his own playing. You don't hear that sound very much these days.

Craig