1974 Guild M-75 - you're now mine

Phase Shifter

Reaction score
Jett said:
Phase Shifter said:
I cleaned up the digram some. Hopefully this will helps others. I could find no diagram anywhere online about the wiring of this guitar. I will add though, I think the phase shift switch wiring was wired differently by each Guild factory technician, sometimes the red and black and wires going out were swapped around. I can't see why mine would have been swapped around like it was by a technician after it was sold.
Anyway, here is what the inside of yours is wired like.
guildstock-1.jpg

Great diagram, just what I was looking for. I have a 77 M80-CS that I am restoring to stock and just picked up a pair of HB-1's. I have a question about the red wire on the bridge pickup going to the phase shift. Does the red wire connect to the center lug on the back of the pickup? Thanks.....

I have never pulled the pups out to look at that. Hopefully someone else will have that information.

Phase Shifter

Reaction score
BTW, here is my 1975. It's rough, but it plays and sounds better than anything else I own!

m-75-1.jpg

Zelja

Reaction score
b0rn2w0rsh1p said:
Oh... aftermarket pickups??? :?
And an extra switch where the Master volume should be?

Great looking M75 Phaseshifter. I like them in Sunburst & Cherry best of the ones I have seen. A Cadillac Green would look good too I reckon.

Ross

Reaction score
Guild Total
Phase - thank you for posting that wiring diagram. I'll copy & save it for comparison with the wiring in my M-75.

It's interesting to see how many M-75s have broken neck binding. The binding on mine broke when I loaned it to a friend for use in a gig - a careless bandmate knocked it off its stand. I had it repaired and it looks like new now :D

Phase Shifter

Reaction score
Ross said:
Phase - thank you for posting that wiring diagram. I'll copy & save it for comparison with the wiring in my M-75.

It's interesting to see how many M-75s have broken neck binding. The binding on mine broke when I loaned it to a friend for use in a gig - a careless bandmate knocked it off its stand. I had it repaired and it looks like new now :D

No problem! Thanks to Russian Guy for posting pictures so I could get it right! That's a big worry gone to know how it's supposed to be. Mine was butchered pretty bad.

I need to get the binding fixed on mine. I still don't know if I would gig with it regularly but I might break it out for special gigs.

I am getting some pups (and wiring) from Fuelie to go in one of my Epi Les Pauls. I hope they sound as good as everyone says they do. I am hoping they are comparable pickups to the HB-1's.

Phase Shifter

Reaction score
Wow, 5 years ago. I did get a refret and new binding on the M-75 along with some other clean up , new pot, jack and nut. I played it at a local awards show but that is the only time I have had it out live. I did just come across a 2008 MIK De Armond M-75. Very nice playing guitar, black, all stock, very low miles on it, too. I have it dialed in and it am very pleased and surprised with it. No way to upload a picture here I don't think.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You need to load the picture on some other photo hosting web site, then link to it here. Or, you email the photo to someone here who would be nice enough to link to it.

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
Hush up on the MIK DeArmonds. Best kept secret going. My blue M-75 lives by the chair within reach. Gold Tones for the win.