1974 Guild M-75 - you're now mine

Russian Guy

Reaction score
Geo said:
Nothing wrong with those pictures R.G. :wink:

Looking at the first 5 pictures I take it,,,, you're sleeping with her? :lol:

Yup. Don't want to let her go out of my arms :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I placed her on the bed to clean the fretboard and thought that would be a good time snap some pics. It's a shame my camera is amateur one.

Russian Guy

Reaction score
Here are some photos of my Nature Boy in daylight.

100_5296.jpg

100_5297.jpg

100_5299.jpg

100_5302.jpg

100_5304.jpg

100_5306.jpg

100_5307.jpg

100_5318.jpg

100_5320.jpg

100_5322.jpg

Still it's hard to dial the right settings on my low-budget camera to showcase the beauty of M-75.

Geo

Reaction score
Fantastic, Magnificent, Excellent & Cool!!!!!!! 8)

That's as good as it gets!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

George :shock:

Thunderface

Reaction score
Thanks for the additional photos. That is one fine slab o' mahogany, and a whole heaping dose of Guild goodness.

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow Vadim, you got real lucky with that one. It looks superb. And I'll bet it sounds wonderful.

As much as I dig a "painted" finish, there's nothing sweeter than a nice piece of wood au naturel.

Gary.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
We can really tell that those photos were taken by a guy IN LOVE with his new guitar.

Cool.

Dave :D

Russian Guy

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I appreciate your kind words. Yep, I'm loving this fat chunk of mahogany sweetened with vintage HB1s.
In fact they have spoiled me so much that when I took out both S-300AD and M-75 to test with the same settings on the amp those HB1s just tore the DiMArzios apart.

I think I now 100% understand why S-100 is so highly regarded. Not only it has a very fast neck and vintage HB1s it also features a lightweight body and very efficient and comfy design.

S-100s, watch your back! The hunt is on.

Reaction score
Wow!

Congatulations, What a beautiful guitar! Is there any chance of you putting up some mp3 files or maybe a video on youtube? I'd love to hear the way that honey sounds!

Enjoy!

Jerzeejeff

Russian Guy

Reaction score
jerzeejeff said:
Wow!

Congatulations, What a beautiful guitar! Is there any chance of you putting up some mp3 files or maybe a video on youtube? I'd love to hear the way that honey sounds!

Enjoy!

Jerzeejeff

Thanks, Jeff. I'm working in that direction. The thing is the mic that I use for recording broke down :( . Once I got a new mic I might put up an mp3 clip.

fearless

Reaction score
Wow. The condition is fantastic and she just looks gorgeous. Nice to see a pic of the cavity shielding - the fact that Guild solid-bodies came standard with shielding is a big tick in my book. This is a worthwhile improvement usually overlooked by others and it adds to the aura of quality as well as practical-mindedness of the Guild factory. Master volume also seems to be a worthwhile feature.

Glad you are digging the tone of the HB-1s. I would love to play that and compare it tonally with my S-100. I look forward to when you get yours and hearing about it then. If the bridge height in photos the is same as when strung it looks like you have plenty of bridge adjustment left which is a bonus.
Great purchase. Enjoy!

Russian Guy

Reaction score
fearless said:
Wow. The condition is fantastic and she just looks gorgeous. Nice to see a pic of the cavity shielding - the fact that Guild solid-bodies came standard with shielding is a big tick in my book. This is a worthwhile improvement usually overlooked by others and it adds to the aura of quality as well as practical-mindedness of the Guild factory. Master volume also seems to be a worthwhile feature.

Glad you are digging the tone of the HB-1s. I would love to play that and compare it tonally with my S-100. I look forward to when you get yours and hearing about it then. If the bridge height in photos the is same as when strung it looks like you have plenty of bridge adjustment left which is a bonus.
Great purchase. Enjoy!

Thanks! It is great axe. I just plug it in and I hear Zeppelin coming out of the amp speaker. Sweet Guildness.

Phase Shifter

Reaction score
Hi Russian Guy! Great guitar you have there! I have a 1975 M-75 that is not in near the shape yours is.

Someone had altered the wiring before I got it in 1981. The phase shifter had been wired to coil tap the bridge pickup to either/or for that pup and the cap and path of signal had been altered, too. The bridge pot had been replaced by a 250K and the cap with a .01. I believe I have it wired back correctly but want to make sure. Is there any way you could take some detailed pictures inside the back of yours so I can make sure I have this thing wired correctly now?

This is before:
m75altered.jpg

This is after I changed it, copying the wiring arrangedment from the neck pup:
m75now.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Russian Guy

Reaction score
I'll try to make some hi-res close-ups later tonight, man :wink: . By the way welcome to LTG! Be warned though the pics might come off too flash-lit since it's gonna be shot with indoor lighting with my crappy cheap camera.

Phase Shifter

Reaction score
That's okay, just remember to hit the macro button and it might stay in focus better.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I hadn't played my Guild for years. I got it out and messed around with it and realized what a superior guitar it is. Then after changing the wiring around, I realized how awesome those HB-1 pups sound, too. I'd love to find another M-75.

Russian Guy

Reaction score
Phase Shifter said:
That's okay, just remember to hit the macro button and it might stay in focus better.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I hadn't played my Guild for years. I got it out and messed around with it and realized what a superior guitar it is. Then after changing the wiring around, I realized how awesome those HB-1 pups sound, too. I'd love to find another M-75.

They truly are. There has been one 77 M-75 with a maple top on sale here for $1175 + shipping. I'd have jumped on it were it in better condition. It sold on ebay in like 2 hours.

I can't seem to find the thread about it in For sale/For trade section :(

Russian Guy

Reaction score
Hey, Phase. Here's the promised pic. It seems that Photobucket resized it to 1024x768 (and I don't know what setting to change to prevent that). Let me know if it'll do.

P1040717.jpg

Phase Shifter

Reaction score
That's awesome! I'll check my wiring to see if I got it correct in a little bit. Yours looks to be all original.

Russian Guy

Reaction score
Phase Shifter said:
That's awesome! I'll check my wiring to see if I got it correct in a little bit. Yours looks to be all original.

Thanks and your wiring schemes are also very detailed. So detailed in fact my eyes get tangled up in them :lol: