My first 12-String!

RussB

Reaction score
I got this Larrivee D03-12 yesterday locally from a guy who had it for sale at AGF. It was made on April 14th, 1999. Came with a bone saddle & ebony pins (along with the originals) and the hard case.

I strung it up with some JP PB lights (and I have the blood on my hands to prove it!) It's set-up great, no adjustments needed...I just gotta get used to the string spacing :lol:

Here's some pics I took today,

Body1.jpg

Soundhole1.jpg

Body2.jpg

BackSide.jpg

Headstock.jpg

Bridge2.jpg

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's a BEAUTY, Russ!! Love the finish on it. It looks to be really pristine. Larrivee makes some mighty fine guitars. I'm gonna just assume it sounds as good as it looks, like most Larrivee guitars.... congrats!! :D :D

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks great, Russ. My Ibanez that I still treasure looks very similar. WHat's not to like about a mahogany dread! :)

Try some John Pearse PB lights on her. You'll love 'em.

edit: I see that's exactly what you used. Far out!

RussB

Reaction score
Thanks Gentlemen... 8)

It feels like I'm learning to play guitar all over again.

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice......Guilds and Larrivee guitars are about the only ones I'd buy sight unseen..from the factory....both have a huge consistancy of quality and tone about them....Don't think I've ever seen a Larrivee that I didn't like....and Guilds......well :wink: :lol: Steffan

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Very, very nice. Thanks for sharing :!: :!:

RussB

Reaction score
davismanLV said:
Russ, is that a clear pickguard? I like it!!!

Yes, it is a clear pickguard

Truth be told, I ordered a "regular" pickguard from Larrivee today :lol:

I've been playing since about 2:30 today...My fingertips are raw...I may drop it down a half-step

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
RussB said:
It feels like I'm learning to play guitar all over again.
I know the feeling, only in reverse. My F-212 was my only guitar for so long that when I got a six-string it was a whole new world. Now, you'll probably by GASsing for a Guild 12, they are, after all, the Holy Grail of 12s. :wink:
Brad

Donal

Reaction score
I've got a Larrivee parlor with a clear pick guard and I love it,

Don.

RussB

Reaction score
Brad Little said:
I know the feeling, only in reverse. My F-212 was my only guitar for so long that when I got a six-string it was a whole new world. Now, you'll probably by GASsing for a Guild 12, they are, after all, the Holy Grail of 12s. :wink:
Brad

There is a Guild connection to this Larrivee. My favorite local music store has a fabulous F-512 in stock that also has a fabulous price tag! Well, each time I pick it up, I find myself struggling to make a musical sound out of it.

Si I figured I had to get me one of those 12-stringers and get to learning how to play 'em

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Much better....kind of looks naked without one....gotta get one for my F312 too... :wink: Steffan