Santa Cruz OM

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
One of the more interesting upscale pawn shop finds. 1996 Santa Cruz OM. Couple of small dings on the soundboard, where your arm rests. One small scratch on the back and another near the end pin jack. Fishman active pickup, with tone and volume controls located in the soundhole.

Got it home, new strings and a general clean up. Beautiful tone, balanced. Lots of volume. Will probably not keep it, but I could not let it sit in a pawn shop.

SantaCruz003.jpg
SantaCruz007.jpg
SantaCruz010.jpg
SantaCruz004.jpg

dogberry

Reaction score
You know, I had just about broken myself of the habit of trolling pawn shops just in case something amazing crops up, because it never does, not around here. Now you've gone and found that amazing pawn shop find, this is going to set me back months. Off I go to Pawn X-Change.
:roll:

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Scratch said:
Did the pawn shop guy know anything about guitars? Can you share the score price?

Tried unsuccessfully to return your PM. Great guitars. If in good shape, you should be able to double your investment easily...

tjmangum

Reaction score
You know, you probably have sent about 50 guys to pawn shops this week with the hope of such a find :lol:
What a treasure. Thanks for saving it. I had a SC D12 that was just excellent, but I seldom played it and a friend just loved it, so we worked a deal out.
Well done!
Terry

Ravon

Reaction score
I've never played a Santa Cruz nor have I seen one in person, but the photos in their ads always made me drool for one :)

Ridgemont

Reaction score
I have played a handful of Santa Cruz guitars and they are some of the most impressive guitars I have played.

Reaction score
What a great find. I'd love to find a small body like that in a pawn shop :p

Frosty

Reaction score
Nice guitars. Several years ago I used to own a mahogany/sitka SCGC OM. I think
the serial number was only 300-something. At that time the headstock was plain and
the logo was on the 12th fret. Nice looking guitar.