On eBay: 1954 GUILD FT-50, From the NYC factory

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
What a find! Similar to that on page 115 of the book of Hans.

Dave :D

idealassets

Reaction score
OK historians, what does the "FT50" designate, as compared to the plain "F50". Not that I would ever drop that kind of money for this semi-intrigueing guitar.

But just in case, let me mention that that to begin my Guild museum, here's my Guild shopping list:
1. F612
2. F30r with G shield logo
3. 1960's F512, or
4. F512 with F612 style fret markers
5. M85 bass
6. And finally, just these:
JF-100, DV-72,73 or 74

Craig

CA-35

Reaction score
I hate to kiss and tell but this guy is a real butt munch, hence the 10k price tag. I had dealings with him years ago and I'm sure he is still the comedian he was then. However, it is a very sweet guitar.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
If I was trying to sell a guitar for $10K, I'd darn sure make sure things in the ad were spelled correctly.

Geo

Reaction score
I'm adding Butt Munch's FT pictures to my screensaver. It as close as I'll be getting to one. :shock:

George

wileypickett

Reaction score
Ten grand is the Buy-It-Now price. The seller is entertaining offers of less than that. It's early yet, but no has jumped to purchase it; it may go for less. (HALF the BIN price would still be out of my range though!)

Maybe Guild should buy it and start a "rare models" museum, like the one at Martin? (If I ran the zoo.)

If tours of the plant ever start happening regularly, open to the general public, what wouldn't some of us give hang out in a showroom of vintage Guilds?

idealassets

Reaction score
what wouldn't some of us give hang out in a showroom of vintage Guilds?
I'm all in for that concept. Where could these guitars be obtained?

A possible source would be "on loan" from any dealers or owners that might have anything thats vintage Guild, and worthy of showcasing to the public.

Other than that, this DT50 is only $9995 plus or minus on ebay.

Craig

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
wileypickett said:
Maybe Guild should buy it and start a "rare models" museum, like the one at Martin? (If I ran the zoo.)

If tours of the plant ever start happening regularly, open to the general public, what wouldn't some of us give hang out in a showroom of vintage Guilds?

Good idea but consider that between LTG I and LTG II they re-purposed a a "show/presentation/meeting" room to support warranty repairs. I suspect at this point they would be much more interested in using the floor space for manufacturing. If enough of us buy NEW Guilds maybe they will include it when they have to expand the factory in a few years. I nominate Hans for the curator's job.

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
wileypickett said:
Ten grand is the Buy-It-Now price. The seller is entertaining offers of less than that. It's early yet, but no has jumped to purchase it; it may go for less. (HALF the BIN price would still be out of my range though!)

Let's all go to Grots!

Sal

Reaction score
I was just checking some old bookmarks and I see that eBay is a little richer if this sale goes through. The seller had been sitting on a buy-it-now of $10,000 for a long while but has apparently gotten and accepted an offer of $7,500. Man, what a cool old flat top! Can anyone here say where it's going?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-GUILD-...pt=Guitar&hash=item256a8971fc#ht_14541wt_1052
1954FT50.jpg

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
I was thinking along the lines of Wiley, that Guild-New Hartford should buy it...but my thoughts were it could be the pattern for their new GSR "History Revisited" series... :wink:

Now, Dave Van Ronk's F50R's have to be around someplace...

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Craig Brody, "The Guitar Broker".......seller of this guitar, is the guy that sold me my DV73. Seemed like a straight up guy. He sure scores some nice guitars......seems like he's a collectable car dealer too.

West