Cyber-Monday Score!

RussB

Reaction score
Got this all from Amazon. They mis-priced the guitar at $232 (it's usually about $450) and also grabbed the Guardian case for $57...All delivered for $289 8)

Recording King RAJ-16. Chinese copy of a Gibson slope-shoulder. Bone nut & saddle (laminated) mahogany back & sides, sitka spruce top. It plays great and sounds a whole lot better.

newpickguard009.jpg

case001.jpg

Bridge1.jpg

Headstock2.jpg

Tuners1.jpg

Heel2.jpg

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Golly gee, Russ... what a deal!! As an owner of an older Chinese-made guitar with laminated mahogany back and sides....I'm a big fan of the sound. And some sustain like you wouldn't believe. Congrats on the amazing score!! 8)

RussB

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm impressed with the workmanship. The bracing is hand cut and VERY nicely done

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Bit late, but very nice score. I've played a couple of the Recording King models and liked them all. Really nice guitars.

RussB

Reaction score
I really like the short (24 3/4") scale acoustics. My F30ce is also a short-scale guitar but that instrument could really benefit from a neck reset.

I wonder who actually makes these Chinese guitars, Guild GAD's included. It would not surprise me in the least to find out that the RK's, Blueridge and Guilds all roll off the same line