Any Les Paul Love?

Ravon

Reaction score
Sweet! Yeah, I love Les Pauls. I gave up a mid '80's Deluxe years ago like a big dummy. I'm kinda partial to pickguards on LP's too :wink: If and when the stars align, I'll get another. But then again I say that every time I see a Guild Sunburst X500, a Martin HD28, a Gibson L5 a Guild F412, a Guild Mark .... :roll:

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I was very late to the Les Paul party. Never liked them in my hands, much as I appreciated them as played by others. Never found one that wasn't too heavy, too unbalanced, et al.

This one changed the deal. Made in Japan Epiphone "Lacquer Taste", for the Japan domestic market only. What a fine instrument:

Epi_LTD_2.jpg

Messing around some with pickups, out of curiosity. Just put in a set from a builder named Ian Anderson. If you want all the beautiful vintage Les Paul sounds people obsess over and chase around ... here they are.

MD

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Those are some pretty guitars. Never could warm up to a Paul, myself, but they sure work well in the right hands.

Dave :D

DogsPart2

Reaction score
Thanks.

I have played and owned everything (and pissed enough money away in the process :lol: )

In the end, Les Pauls and Teles do it for me.
Although, I do have a nice SG that I am thinking of selling/trading for another Guild acoustic.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Love P90 Les Pauls, and I hope to own one some day, but for now, I just can't afford what I'd really want. (a single coil LP custom reissue!)

Ravon

Reaction score
Roman said:
I sure like mine! Purchased it new early 70's.

LesPaul.jpg
Nice guitar Roman but where'd you get the seat? I've been looking around for stools and yours sure looks comfy :)

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ravon said:
Nice guitar Roman but where'd you get the seat? I've been looking around for stools and yours sure looks comfy :)

A Google search on "SoundSeat" turns up a product that looks like what is in the picture but the manufacturer's web site seems to be no longer in operation and there are a lot of forums and posts that suggest they are no longer being made. Some posts suggest the company is "restructuring" but I would not count on that.

Might not be as comfortable, but perhaps one of these?

file_name_8053.jpg

Ravon

Reaction score
Yeah Frono, I'd been looking at those too. Gonna check out a drum throne as well but wondering if a throne will keep me seated too low.

Thunderface

Reaction score
They were Epiphones, not Gibsons, but definitely Les Pauls. The top one sold on eBay just this week. Someone in Kentucky is going to be very happy today.

IMG_6883.jpg

I'd likely still have one or both of them were it not for vintage Guilds.

Roman

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't believe the "Soundseat" made by J.R. Baker are available anymore. Too bad . . .

soundseat.jpg

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
All very nice guitars! I like Les Pauls a lot, but I cannot seem to "love" them because of their weight. Too heavy for a skinny guy like me! Also, I find them hard to play while seated.

But, very difficult to beat their playability and sound, clearly the ultimate rock guitar IMHO.

walrus

idealassets

Reaction score
Yeah Frono, I'd been looking at those too. Gonna check out a drum throne
I just bought a new, out of the box "1st Chair" drum throne from Guitar Center. I use it to practice my guitar on. I will order the optional back rest to add to it when I get motivated.

This throne is just the right heighth to be compatible with most chairs and low stools that I find at many of the places I play at.

-Also liking those Les Pauls, but I opted for the Ric 360/12 string for my first electric guitar. Perhaps there's a trend here, ie Guild F412/ F512 comparable to the Ric 12 string sound, or some such concept. Its working so far.

Reaction score
Hi...

oh yes, def. love for LPs here... :D

my R9 from 2006

LP59_007.jpg

and my R6 from 2007

Gibson_LP-1956_front.jpg

I have owened 4 more LPs but sold them before I got the two above...

Greetings
PIT... 8)

Thunderface

Reaction score
I love this one ... too bad it has a pickguard on it to block some of that beautiful sunburst.

Gibson_LP-1956_front.jpg

Ravon

Reaction score
Thunderface said:
I love this one ... too bad it has a pickguard on it to block some of that beautiful sunburst.

Gibson_LP-1956_front.jpg
Sweet! Personally I like a pickguard on. Guys would take them off back in the seventies when I started to play and I never could get used to that. Don't know why, just like 'em on :)