Martin HD-28 close-up look

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
count savage said:
Chazmo, is this what you're interested in? http://davesguitar.com/products/martin/hd-28vs/

I'm considering an HD 28 V in the future. What's your take on the HD 28 line? I might also just look for a good HD 28. I love the Martin low end.
Awesome. The VS is the best looking version to me. Dig the slothead.

My take? I think my HD is a wonderful instrument. Plain. No bling. In many ways similar to the Guild D-50. Big sound! The V has forward shifted braces and probably sounds a bit different. I know the HD sounds different from the standard D. The V also has a different neck profile (I think). I'm sure it's awesome.

count savage

Reaction score
Yes, I hear that the HD-28 V has a bit more volume and a slightly different sound with the forward shifted braces. But I don't know. I really like the sound of the basic HD 28. If Dave's Guitar Shop was closer I'd go try them all out because he has all the models, but this being winter in Wisconsin, you never know what you'll run into. I would love to hear the difference between the 12-fret slothead and the 14-fret. In general, I like 12-frets and don't feel the need for the two extra. I would guess it might be a pretty sublime Martin guitar sound.