Would you buy this guitar if...

Russian Guy

Reaction score
Phew. Just sold it locally along with the hard-shell case. Mind you not for $660 that I bought it for but $330. It has been on consignment in the shop I originally bought it in for 4 months.

Last week I gave them a call to probably reduce the price that I intended to sell it for (from $460 to $350-380). The guy who was on the phone said he'd call back after he consulted the cashier.

A couple minutes later the cashier (a sleepy-sounding or just plain slow woman) hits me with the following line: "It's a little early to call and check if it's been sold yet". Me: "Early? After 4 months"

Later on the week I've posted the sale ad on a local message board with the price of 430 bucks and got two potential buyers. One of them came by this Tuesday and played it for 20 minutes and said he'd think about it. This Friday another guy PMd and said he'd buy it for $330. Later that day we texted back and forth and he said that it's a lot for a Chinese fake Gibson and his final offer plunged to $250. He even went as far "nobody will buy it for more" and stuff like that.

For the last couple of days I kind of got tired of all this bull and called the first guy and offered to sell it to him for $330 to him. He gladly took me up on that and bought it today.

I'm real happy to get rid of it at least for half of the original price to say the least.

Vadim

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
That was a painful lesson I'm sure... I hope you find something you love. Post pictures when you do, and welcome! ????? ? ???????!
- jw

Russian Guy

Reaction score
AlohaJoe said:
That was a painful lesson I'm sure... I hope you find something you love. Post pictures when you do, and welcome! ????? ? ???????!
- jw

Thanks, Joe! I sure will.

P.S. It really warms my heart seeing that a lot of people here throw a word or two in Russian. That's kinda neat.

Dr Izza Plumber

Reaction score
Howdy, Russian Guy!
Sorry to hear about the loss on the Copy-Cat guitar.
Have We met somewhere before...perhaps Vladivostok? :lol:

Don't mind Me.......I always tease My German bud with a similar line, except it's "Dusseldorf".
When My German bud flew here to Florida for a visit (some 6 years ago), I paid an attractive young waitress at a restaurant $5 to approach Our dining table, and ask of My bud, "Have We met somewhere before...perhaps Dusseldorf?"

Of course, I've borrowed that line from the 1968 movie "Where Eagles Dare", and it was British born actor Derren Nesbitt who played "SS Major von Hapen", making small talk with actress Mary Ure who played as agent "Mary Ellison"; with German alias name "Maria Schenk".

OOPS!
Sorry for the hi-jack. :oops:

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
Vadim,

Just so you know you are not alone...

My son bought a new Epiphone Les Paul Custom at a (good) local music store several years ago...I think he paid around $600. I personally never cared for the sound of the guitar, but hey I am a 'geezer and he was a kid...apparently guitar was bought to make him feel better about losing a girlfriend...AH! He should have told me that, I could have said that doesn't work...

Anyway, by Springtime he had failed to bond with the guitar and I think Maria's spectre was following it, so what does he come home with one Saturday but an Epiphone BB King "Lucille." Not any Lucille but a salvaged one from a reclaimer...broken neck fixed so well you could not feel it...played nice...he traded the Les Paul for it straight up!

OK, flash to present, he is a recent college grad who's seasonal forestry job ended in September...coming close to out of money even though Mom and Dad are feeding him :roll: ...got any forestry jobs in your area?...he decides to part with the Lucille, too much bling on it he says...(OK, we let him save face)...he just made $275 for her on consignment at our favorite Central Massachusetts music store.

Didn't help that they had a new, black Epiphone "Dot" there for $339. :(

I hope this was a learning experience for him.

So, you are not alone :wink:

Russian Guy

Reaction score
Dr Izza Plumber said:
Howdy, Russian Guy!Sorry to hear about the loss on the Copy-Cat guitar.Have We met somewhere before...perhaps Vladivostok?

OOPS!
Sorry for the hi-jack.

That's fine. Veering might lead up to cool stories :D

Bill Ashton said:
Vadim,

Just so you know you are not alone...

My son bought a new Epiphone Les Paul Custom at a (good) local music store several years ago...I think he paid around $600. I personally never cared for the sound of the guitar, but hey I am a 'geezer and he was a kid...apparently guitar was bought to make him feel better about losing a girlfriend...AH! He should have told me that, I could have said that doesn't work...

Anyway, by Springtime he had failed to bond with the guitar and I think Maria's spectre was following it, so what does he come home with one Saturday but an Epiphone BB King "Lucille." Not any Lucille but a salvaged one from a reclaimer...broken neck fixed so well you could not feel it...played nice...he traded the Les Paul for it straight up!

OK, flash to present, he is a recent college grad who's seasonal forestry job ended in September...coming close to out of money even though Mom and Dad are feeding him :roll: ...got any forestry jobs in your area?...he decides to part with the Lucille, too much bling on it he says...(OK, we let him save face)...he just made $275 for her on consignment at our favorite Central Massachusetts music store.

Didn't help that they had a new, black Epiphone "Dot" there for $339. :(

I hope this was a learning experience for him.

So, you are not alone :wink:

Thanks, Bill. Was a learning experience for me also. But hey as they say "those who don't make mistakes don't do anything" or something to that effect. We learn our lessons and move on:)

Vadim

Ian

Reaction score
Hi Vadim,

...And looking at the bigger picture you got a killer deal on that Ovation. :lol:

Cheers, Ian

Russian Guy

Reaction score
Ian said:
Hi Vadim,

...And looking at the bigger picture you got a killer deal on that Ovation. :lol:

Cheers, Ian

Wisdom comes with experience I guess. I'm real happy with the fact that I finally got rid of it :D

And thanks to everyone who chimed in.

Vadim