Thank you Mr. McGinnis and reporters everywhere

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
So Joe McGinnis, notorious "investigative author", is out hawking his new book about Sarah Palin. A couple of talk show hosts were recapping some of the revelations in it this morning, one of which was that she had a 6 month affair while married. Of course the first thing that popped into my mind was "H--l, in Alaska that's just a one night stand" (bah-dump)

A bit later on the same station, in coverage of the Solyndra hearings, a reporter had a slip of the tongue and said they were accused of, among other things, "Mismanagen" .
Actually Mismannagen is just down the road, across the street from Corrupteon... :roll:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Joe McGinnis wrote, Going to Extremes, one of the best books I've read about Alaska.
If I remember correctly, it was controversial at the time and I just might have to consider a reread.

I like his name, too! 8)

Joe

*It's right up there with Coming Into the Country by John McPhee.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
...and the jig slaps the surface of the lake with a pithy "plop".

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
Joe McGinnis wrote, Going to Extremes, one of the best books I've read about Alaska.
If I remember correctly, it was controversial at the time and I just might have to consider a reread.
I like his name, too! 8)
Joe
*It's right up there with Coming Into the Country by John McPhee.
Gotta admit, I admired him for a while for his book about Cap'n. Jeffery MacDonald, "Fatal Vision".
I actually met him in my computer store back in 1988 and was a little bit turned off.
I got the idea that some of the controversy relating to his journalistic ethics might be justified.
I didn't mean to belittle his talent however. The quotation marks around "investigative author" were a direct quote from a web reference which I thought was a bit stilted.

CA-35

Reaction score
Anybody who writes the way he does about that ex Governor of Alaska is OK by me.

CA-35

Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
CA-35 said:
Anybody who writes the way he does about that ex Governor of Alaska is OK by me.
You mean the one who quit to become a celebrity, or should I say try?
That one? :wink:

Joe

Spot on Joe. :D You're sharp even when not looking thru a lens!! :D :p

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Seems a little creepy for the guy to move in next door.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
killdeer43 said:
FNG said:
For best results, it's always good to get close to your subject. :wink:

Joe

Works for most stalkers. Wonder if he ever sniffed any of the teenage daughter's panties?

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
FNG said:
killdeer43 said:
FNG said:
For best results, it's always good to get close to your subject. :wink:

Joe

Works for most stalkers. Wonder if he ever sniffed any of the teenage daughter's panties?
Guess you'll have to wait and read the book.

Joe

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm pretty sure that ain't gonna happen. :wink:

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Neither pro or anti Palin here.

Looking at this literary effort through journalistic eyes, this guy's writing is pretty pathetic. Ernest Hemingway he's not. And it seems obvious to pretty much everyone...

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Joe McGinnis peaked with Going to Extremes and Fatal Vision and has now decided, apparently, to scrape the other end of the proverbial barrel with this latest offering, which falls into the genre of Who Cares journalism....if we dare to call it "journalism." :shock:
It's just more of the same old tabloid garbage which apparently appeals to many folks.

I keep a short list of writers who stay too long at the fair and rely on the success of their past efforts to sell anything they pen, just for the fun of it. And that's too bad.

Joe

*As to Sarah, she ain't presidential boys and girls, but she still has sex appeal....I'm just sayin'. 8)