Can't find serial number?

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
Looking for the serial number of a guitar I purchased. CV000756 made in California is what is on the tag. Can't find it on a guild page. Little help please. Willie
I looked for days prior to joining this forum. With in hours of posting adorshki and hansmoust had it nailed down. A 2003 D-55 made in California. Grats for the speedy response.
This is my first GUILD, bought it used
Still have a 70/80s era Ovation deep shell
Beatup when I bought it but, great for porch picking, and song writting.
Gibson SG Solid body Electric (for recording)
So the Guild kind of stands out.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
WillieB said:
Looking for the serial number of a guitar I purchased. CV000756 made in California is what is on the tag. Can't find it on a guild page. Little help please. Willie
Corona (California) was only making guitars from very late '01 (and those were before Guild's section of the factory was even completely set up) to sometime in '04.
I'm sure Hans can nail it down for you, but yeah, nothing published for years later than '99 yet.
Oh hey, I just noticed, first post! Welcome aboard!
"Hans" is our member Hans Moust, who's pretty much THE expert on Guild guitars. If you send him a private message he'll be happy to help, if he doesn't see this post first.
What is your guitar? D40? My D40 is CVM000894, Hans advised me he's pretty sure it's from late '03. At that time a couple of years ago he hadn't finished going through all the Corona s/n lists.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
WillieB said:

Hello Willie,

Welcome! Your guitar with ser. # CV000756 should be a D-55 from 2003.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl