It's Hot....I Mean Hot

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Great post Toni....I had to wear a jacket today.....sometimes life just isn't fair..... :roll: Steffan

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
67ºF and magnificent here on Long Island this morning. :D Considering that this time last year we were in the midst of a protracted spell in the 90s where the dew point never went under 70ºF, this is a gift! 8)

ladytexan

Reaction score
I'm glad things are comfortable and hydrated in some parts of the world. :) It's been near 100 degrees for over 2 weeks. :( Here is our extended forecast:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I hear you, Toni, and I'd do anything in my power to share our cooler weather with you. I was just turning in my report for the day.
I did my time in the torrid zone, so I know of which you speak.

Stay as cool as you can, 8)
Joe

*Loved the comic relief.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
ladytexan said:
I'm glad things are comfortable and hydrated in some parts of the world. :) It's been near 100 degrees for over 2 weeks. :( Here is our extended forecast:
And they're actually showing chances of rain? :shock: :?
My sympathies are with you.
We actually had the wettest June in 50 years here. I found it amusing that the Weather Channel updated the chance of rain in my zip code from 90% to 100% as the drops were falling. :lol:

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
Oh, Tony! I'd be dead. I grew up in Albuquerque... lived in Vegas too, but I've been in Seattle so long now that anything over 90 is miserable. :(

Maybe it will help to stare at this:
9528.gif

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
southernGuild said:
adorshki said:
Maybe it will help to stare at this:
Works for me Joe, That is a very tranquil place indeed. I'm just a bit troubled and perplexed by the steady pulsing of the waters at the bottom of the screen. :shock: What, pray tell, going on there? :shock: :oops:
Is that you again Al? :lol:
What? All I see is an old Hamm's beer advertising display. 8)

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
adorshki said:

My uncle once owned a lakeside camp that did not have indoor plumbing. The interior decoration of the outhouse was Hamm's beer ads. If you saw something that reminded you of a Hamm's ad then I guess the unpleasant memories have finally dissipated :wink:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
fronobulax said:
adorshki said:
My uncle once owned a lakeside camp that did not have indoor plumbing. The interior decoration of the outhouse was Hamm's beer ads. If you saw something that reminded you of a Hamm's ad then I guess the unpleasant memories have finally dissipated :wink:
I'm having dejavu. I think you DID mention that before, but I don't know if you remember those displays which had a revolving roll behind the surface screen, creating moire patterns and thus the impression of moving water?
Now if your uncle had one of those out there, that' was a pretty high class outhouse! :D

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Here's a tamer shot of Joe's offering, sans the mind-bending rippling waters.

mtshuksan.jpg

Mt. Shuksan, WA
9,131'

It's about 35 miles due east of here and definitely a good
place to cool down. :wink:

Just another Joe

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
I remember those from the '60's! My uncle had one in his in his lounge. :shock: ( Must have gotten it from the local bar) Fish slowly swimming past the screen. Every now and then the plastic roll would show a mermaid, swimming with a 6 pack of JAX beer. Classy cat, my Uncle :lol: